Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #51
Registered Users
Re: How do you spend without dh freaking?

hahaha i thought i was being sooo smart...i ordered a few woolies...spaced them out i think i ordered them each two weeks apart and then they had to be made...sooo i didn't think i would have any problems keeping the $ down and then too not having DH cause a stink about having soo many woolies made....

well wouldn't you know that three of the packages show up on the SAME DAY....i mean the mailbox was stuffed full of packages...
the NB set i had custom made
the small cocoon i had ordered
and the small loniges with matching hat and medium longies

I really could not believe that they all showed up on the same day!! i guess the good thing is DH still has no idea how much i paid...i LOVE the fact the these wahm didn't include sale slips with the packages...cause if DH would have known that one package alone cost $103 he would have flipped and then wanted to know how much i paid for the others...sooo thanks mama's!!

I have been looking at more wool here lately and just haven't been able to buy anything else too pricey...those were a HUGE splurge for me...and were my first sets to order...however they are my favorite longies (the meduim longies are for dd2 and seh loves them!) sooo i am dying to be able to order some more from the same mama she did such a great job and was sooo wonderful to work with...but gotta wait and save up some money before i can...

sooo lesson learned..stop trying to be sneakie!!

**Please forgive any typos!!**
Bridget... Married to my bestfriend since '03...
SAHM of 3... Dd1 9/08, dd2 12/10, and ds 4/12
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #52
Registered Users
Re: How do you spend without dh freaking?

Thankfully I am working right now so I am allowing me some of that money to spend on baby things - I really only want two swaddle blankets, a couple wetbags, & a couple hundred in pul covers/a few aios. I think I am just going to do a shift or two more a week than we need/I want to do and suck it up to get the things I want =) We really haven't bought much at all for this kid and really wont be. Fx-ed I get some baby money as a present from..anyone but I highly doubt it & am not counting on it..these things aren't really things dp would argue about if I asked and really, I would be getting them even if I didn't get the email about working again it just makes it easier.

Gift money would end up going towards a carrier - I have too many to justify spending 'our' money on it but I wannnnnnnnnnt a bbII.
Mama to Brooklyn Marie 7/10/08 , Team green turned PINK Rebecca Rose 4/19/2012 & something new coming late March 2014
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote