Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #31
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you got you SON circumcised how..

Oh good gravy. The OP asked a specific question... there is a whole thread dedicated to why someone shouldn't circumcise. No one has any "duty" to post information on here when the OP requested it not to be posted.

The intactivists on this site really give the intactivist community a bad rep.

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #32
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
Oh good gravy. The OP asked a specific question... there is a whole thread dedicated to why someone shouldn't circumcise. No one has any "duty" to post information on here when the OP requested it not to be posted.

The intactivists on this site really give the intactivist community a bad rep.

As for the back on topic discussion: My son's circ healed in about four days, so hopefully it won't be anything you're dealing with for very long.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #33
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

We did disposables. It was less than a week after it was done that it was healed, but I still waited a few more weeks to switch to cloth to make it easier on me (and to talk dh into cloth). We're having another boy and I'll use disposables though it's going to be hard to wait this time.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #34
jamrr214
Registered Users

Thanks to OP and all of the helpful responses. I hadn't even considered the circ issue, as we did disposies w first DS until 8 months. You really helped this mama out!!
jamrr214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #35
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.
Simon Wiesenthal

Some people feel a moral obligation to do their best to protect baby boys.
I think the intactivist post was very respectful. Technically the OP only said no rude comments. That wasn't a rude comment, it was simply information. And I feel the same as the others, we don't feel it's a personal choice. We feel it's a human rights issue, and therefore an obligation for us to at least speak up in defense for the poor little boy who is not given a choice in what becomes of his own body.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #36
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

We used cloth, under a wool cover for super breathability.

I also mixed Herb Pharm Trauma Oil with lanolin and vaseline for healing. I think I lined diapers with a scrap of t shirt only for 2 changes, but we were using flats so it didnt matter so much.

He healed up in a few days. Even our intactivist midwife was impressed by how it looked at 1 day. He had a little extra bleeding the afternoon of the procedure but as the doctor had told us, if you see blood trickling, just apply pressure for 60 secs. It was all good after that.

I really didnt want to, but I'm Jewish and thought it was an unfair burden to put on him when he's older, just because I didnt have the guts to do it now. I researched the variations of the procedure, chose the doctor carefully, and his Dad and I were present for the whole thing. I held his hands, while he sucked sugar water off his Dads finger. The most discomfort he showed was with the first lidocaine injection and with the cleaning after, but even those were minor compared to the heel prick for PKU testing. He was also 16 days old, so the doc said he reacted more than most.

I think the intactivist post above is rude because it has so much false info. Interferes with breastfeeding 75% of the time is plain bull. Even my midwife, who tried to talk me out of it, didn't make that claim. My son was underweight the day of his procedure, an ounce away from not being able to do it... Afterward he nursed so well he started gaining more than an ounce a day.

Honestly the risks of circ vs not are higher than having a baby in a hospital instead of at home. And nobody's out telling everyone to run away from hospitals.

There was also a study just published that circumcised men have lower rates of prostate cancer. Makes no sense but there you go.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #37
Kate+3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used disposables until it healed, about 2 weeks or so. Will be doing the same thing in June!
Kate+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #38
MamanMoore
Registered Users

My Mood:
We just used sposies and Vaseline (applied to the sposies not his penis just to stop and sticking). It only lasted a few days and didn't want to risk getting non-CD-safe cream in my pockets.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum (probably while nursing) - sorry for weird spelling errors
Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #39
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We used sposies and Vaseline until it healed and I used sposies with my other boys, didn't start CDing until my last two were older babies. I was so excited to use CDs when it finally healed... 4-5 days max.

And I do find intactavists comments to be rude. I also agree that it spreads misinformation and creates drama.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #40
greencarnation
Registered Users

My Mood:

It is important for information to be around, because most people who circ do not know the facts. I'm not saying the OP doesn't, but most mothers who do are simply in the dark.

I'm sorry, but intactivism does not spread misinformation. Maybe drama, I'll give you that, but all information that talks about benefits are genital cutting are untrue. The only reason to do it is cosmetic. If you think it is important for your sons penis to look a certain way, that's not my problem. Stopping people from cutting their boys for lies, is.

That being said, I would not use Vaseline, if you can help it. I would use CJs butter or coconut oil, and avoid petroleum products!
greencarnation is offline   Reply With Quote