Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by svaughn78
OMG, I can totally sympathize. We're moving to AUSTRALIA (from California) 5 weeks before I'm due. Grrrr. Such bad timing. I'm excited about Australia, but seriously dreading the 17 hour flight there, and spending that last month of pregnancy finding a new doctor, moving into new home, etc.
Wow that's a huge change!! Nutty!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by svaughn78
OMG, I can totally sympathize. We're moving to AUSTRALIA (from California) 5 weeks before I'm due. Grrrr. Such bad timing. I'm excited about Australia, but seriously dreading the 17 hour flight there, and spending that last month of pregnancy finding a new doctor, moving into new home, etc.
Where in Australia? I've lived there and have friends all over so I can get names of doctors or midwives for you.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings

Last edited by rosenfried2; 03-14-2012 at 12:48 PM.
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #13
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH broke the news to me...

WOW! Australia sounds awesome. Good luck!
momomom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Wow! You'd better post pix of Australia when you get there and find a spare moment!

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
we will be moving to Omaha, Nebraska.

After getting me all excited about Europe!

AND JUST ASK ME WHEN, OK?

WHEN?

4 weeks before my due date. Um, no kidding. I told him he's lucky I don't go early. But still, I keep imagining myself giving birth at the side of the road in Southern Colorado or Western Kansas!!! I will have to pack my emergency birth kit in the front seat- hehe. I will be driving the volvo wagon with the toddler and he will drive the UHaul with the 2 big kids.

And that means only 1 month to unpack and settle in b4 baby. Trying not to freak out. It will be ok, right???
I lived in Nebraska for 4 years before moving to Vegas. It's actually really nice there. Clean air, an AMAZING zoo family friendly. And I am worried we will be moving right before/after this baby is born too SIGH!
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've lived in Nebraska my whole life. Not Omaha...but still. I really don't love the cold..but there's something pretty amazing about waking up in the morning and the entire world covered in a blanket of beautiful snow. Plus...it's a great place to raise kids! And you get to experience all 4 seasons!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
hauser
Registered Users
seller

I have packed and moved 3 times while close to due dates. They were all between 2-4 weeks before. I have actually moved while preggo 6 times....yep we are crazy!

It will work out. Unpack first and decorate after. That way at least you are unpacked if you go into labor early.