Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you very part time cd a baby?

Maybe it would inspire them . Tough to say bc in all honesty, prefolds are expensive to resell due to shipping. But if you plan to have the baby in your care long term, then yes, I would. I would get prefolds though bc they are cheap and wash well.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have no advice for you, but just wanted to say I think it's super cool that you're going to do this!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
cokelush
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
I have no advice for you, but just wanted to say I think it's super cool that you're going to do this!!!
Awww thanks mama.
cokelush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I would. As for the snappis we used them on ds1 under woolies and never had a snag. We used prefolds and flats on him. Prefitteds can be used with pins also if you Prefer. Since I use only flats and prefolds I don't see fitteds as superior. The only reason I can see for using them instead of prefolds if you are comfortable with prefolds is your daughter may see them as easy enough she might like to try them.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use the infant & Premium PFs from Cotton babies for our babies. The infants fit from birth (with some folding down for rise) until about 15-20lbs depending on fit and then start using the Premiums from that point until they PL. I use a snappi and wool or PUL covers. I've never had our snappi's snag the wool. I do crochet our wool though so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I see a lot on here about knitted wool snagging easily compared to my experience with crochet wool. The gerber PFs really aren't worth the money. Definitely get some good diaper service quality PFs. GMD, Imagine, osocozy, etc. are all great PF brands along with Cotton Babies PFs and a few others out there. Personally, I love the CB PFs I have a doz. chinese and a doz. indian Infant PFs as well as a bunch of fitteds and few AIOs for this baby. The chinese PFs are a bit smaller than the Indian PFs so for a 6-7lber baby you'll probably find a better fit with them. YDD was 7lbs 10oz. at birth so a bit larger than what you're thinking GC might be. You might actually want to get a doz. NB GMD PFs for the early days just in case. I think it would definitely be worth it though and should surely save you some money compared to sposies as well as the benefits of saving the sposies from the landfills. My suggestion would be a doz. GMD NB (orange edge?) PFs and a dozen CB Infant PFs of either Indian or Chinese cotton. I find them to be equally absorbent. This way you have easier folding for the first month or two and then the CB Infants will last a long while. The NBs can be used as a doubler after they stop fitting too.
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #16
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokelush View Post
I was just looking on GMD. Why would your prefer the workhorse fitteds over PFs for wool? I was thinking the snappi thing might snag on wool but what are your thoughts. Thanks!
I was going to make the same recommendation on the workhorse fitteds, the elastic and shape will keep dirty messes inside, keeping your woolies squeaky clean!!

Also because I think PFs and flats take a bit of practice to get the fold/snappi just right, and if you only have 2 days a week it might get tricky- or it would for me, I gave up on snappi and PF/Flats months and months ago because I never get a good fit!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #17
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

As a nanny who started out at 2 days a week and gradually went to 4, YES! As long as your daughter agrees, of course. My boss thinks I'm weird but otherwise doesn't mind.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #18
cokelush
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I would. As for the snappis we used them on ds1 under woolies and never had a snag. We used prefolds and flats on him. Prefitteds can be used with pins also if you Prefer. Since I use only flats and prefolds I don't see fitteds as superior. The only reason I can see for using them instead of prefolds if you are comfortable with prefolds is your daughter may see them as easy enough she might like to try them.
Good to know on the snappis. They look a lot easier than pins.
If my daughter was a single mom I'm sure she'd CD but her dh isn't interested in doing it or her having to do the extra "work" like laundry. He says, b/c of sposies, that CDing isn't necessary. So, I'll be on my own, which is fine.

Thanks so much everyone for the replies!
I'll keep my eyes open for prefolds when baby's arrival is closer.
In the meantime I'll be looking at Moby Wraps too. and get to knitting after we find out what version baby is.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
cokelush
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks Amy for that!

RockinLou - thanks for the thoughts, something to think about for sure.

Thanks Jessi and everyone for your thoughts.