Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
mrstilly
Registered Users
seller

more help with night time solution

I have tried a variety of different inserts at night for DS. He's 1 year and a heavy wetter. The best absorbency I have gotten is with a Flip Organic prefold trifolded with 2 BG newborn inserts under. The problem is that it doesn't matter what I put in there, I can't get rid of the gap by the thighs when the diaper is stuffed. I've tried using them in Flip covers as well as stuffing a BG pocket, and I've played with the rise settings to try and get the best fit, but he's leaking out the sides.

Should I try a different cover? Any advice? Is there a super absorbent insert that is a lot trimmer? Should I try and AIO?

Advertisement

mrstilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

Re: more help with night time solution

Have you considered a fitted for night time? I use all pockets/aio's for daytime but when it came to night my DD's diaper was so huge I felt bad for her, plus leaks around the legs too. We switched to fitteds and have never looked back. They are just so much more absorbant. I use Goodmama or GMD workhorse w/ one extra hemp for nights. I like stay-dry so I put a fleece liner on the inside. Covered with Bummis Super-Brite or Flip cover. Practically bulletproof, but bulletproof is when I delved into wool for nights never never had a leak with that and so trim compared to a triple stuffed pocket.
If you want to stick with pockets I found 1 large and 2 small thirstie hemps 55% hemp/45% cotton did the trick just too bulky. Fitteds are way easier.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Elizabeth.U
Registered Users
seller

We just got a fitted to use at naptime b/c of leakage problems. It is a stretch bamboozle from Bummis and I really really like it.
Elizabeth.U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use an Alva pocket diaper (suedecloth inner with solid PUL outer) and two three-layer Alva bamboo inserts. They work fantastic! They are more pliable inserts, and they absorb a lot when you double them up. They cost about 1.50 each through a co-op.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Happy2BMommy
Registered Users
seller

At night I used a Stetch Bamboozle or Happy Hempy that was fleeced lined. The HH is stuffable, so I'd put in a Thirsties hemp prefold which kept the diaper comfy and squishy.
Happy2BMommy is offline   Reply With Quote