Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Thought I'd add one more :-). She turns 10 months tomorrow!!

Attachment 98155

Advertisement

Last edited by Tippytoe; 11-10-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Tippytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

I am still 20 pounds over....and my girls already turned 1!!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas,
Well I feel a little more sane the past day or two because DD has only been waking up maybe 3 times a night. For a while it seemed like every hour. She is co-sleeping and sometimes my almost 4 yo DS climbs in bed so I am squished in about 6" space between two wiggly kids. Mostly I love it - I feel so cozy and wanted. But sleep quality just isn't that great.

My weight has really fluctuated a lot since my DS was born. It went down, then up, then I got pregnant with DD. I have lost some but not all since DD was born, and my body is just shaped very differently. I don't really weigh myself and I don't keep old clothes because I don't think they'll ever fit quite the same again (and they are really worn out anyway - I have never had really nice clothes). I bought 2 new pairs of jeans for this winter and a pair of shorts for the summer and I have a lot of jersey skirts that fit before, during, and after pregnancy. That has helped me to worry about it less. It is hard though. I wish I looked better and felt better about the way I look. It's so hard to find time and energy to focus on it.

Here is a new picture of DD: (She has red hair on one side!!)

I e-mailed you guys about the swap!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #14
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness it's so good to sign on and read updates (including the ones I missed from February)! The family just got over our first real colds of the winter, the baby included, and it hit me particularly hard. I even went to the doctor just to make sure it wasn't strep or tonsillitis--it wasn't--and I'm finally on the mend. DS will be 10 months on Thursday and is busy and into everything! He army-crawls like nobody's business and has started standing next to and cruising the furniture. The other day, he even made a joke in sign language! We've been signing "milk" to him pretty much since he was born and he finally started signing it back. The other day, I had literally just finished nursing him, when DS points at my husband (he can only point with his left hand, his right hand he just holds out at stuff, so funny) and signs "milk" then starts laughing! He's a character this one He's up to 7 teeth, the third one on the bottom was the first one that came in by itself (the others have all come in as pairs), and he bites everything. I think he's using his mouth as a third hand to help with climbing. He doesn't bite when he's nursing anymore but he'll bite my leg if he's climbing over me.

I've been steadily losing weight since DS was born but that only makes my particular vanity issue worse. I have "twin skin" that seems completely determined to stick around. When I had the midway ultrasound at 22 weeks, they found a cyst on my ovary the size of an orange, about 10cm. I was too far along for my OB to take care of it safely and since it wasn't bothering me we decided to leave it alone until after the delivery. Fast forward to 3 weeks after DS was born and the cyst was bothering me enough to go to the ER a second time (first trip was when he was a week old), had surgery to take it out, and I got left with twin skin and a giant scar because the cyst had grown to 18cm (about the size of a size 3 soccer ball if anyone has kids in sports). I asked the doctor how much it weighed and he said his estimate based on dimensions was around 5lbs. DS was 7lbs. I basically did have twins, and as a result, my stomach was stretched much farther than it was supposed to be and went back down way faster than my skin could handle and thus, the twin skin. The silver lining is now I'm considered as having a "history of cysts" so I'll get lots more ultrasounds with the next one.

And to finish off this novel, here are some pictures

Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #15
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow, he is such a big boy standing up like that Cherrycoke! Beautiful! J is finally sitting up on her own and has even pushed back up to sitting a couple times but I don't know that A ever will...she is just completely content on her tummy and back!

Glad to hear you are getting over the winter colds...nothing is worse than trying to care for your family when you feel so bad yourself!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I have forgotten to be a part of the chats so here is my update....

Sydney is 10 months and just so sweet and happy. She is very content, you almost forget that there is a third child here. She is not super motivated to do anything in particular and I think that is just her personality, not her capability. She is sitting and crawling on the tummy but nothing else in sight. Two teeth but able to eat just about anything, which I am surprised about. She is just now warming up to new people and places. Previously she would just wail and it was so sad ;( She is very chubby and round and rolly and reminds me of a happy, chubby puppy, ha ha! We call her the "happy chubber", she loves to laugh and smile. She's been a blessing to our family

As for me, I did lose all my "Sydney weight" pretty quickly but still have all the weight from my first two pregnancies. I have started jogging again and hope to be pre-baby #2 weight by the end of the month.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 AM   #17
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS has been restless the past couple of nights. Just when we got into a nice rhythm too! Right now it's 4:20am and he's up in his high chair watching me get ready for work (and post on here lol). DH is sick now so I feel bad that he's going to have to watch DS after I leave, at least the weekend is almost here! Oh and tooth #8 did come through, so now there are 4 bottom teeth and 4 top teeth.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Looks like I'll be chatting in a second DDC! You ladies (and the new club) are the only ones who will know yet. We're not planning on announcing to anyone else until after DS's first birthday (which will coincide with the second trimester), but I just HAD to tell someone!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post
Looks like I'll be chatting in a second DDC! You ladies (and the new club) are the only ones who will know yet. We're not planning on announcing to anyone else until after DS's first birthday (which will coincide with the second trimester), but I just HAD to tell someone!

WOW!!!! Congratulations mama! That's so exciting!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #20
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke
Awww congrats! <3. Part of me wishes to be pregnant again. But, seriously I have my hands full with my three! And I'm old!! Lol