Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tell me why I shouldn't use a sposie pull-up overnight.

Sorry I don't have an older LO so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about....

Sposies are stay dry, maybe if you put him in a fitted that isn't stay dry it will help him night train??

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
marisolstice
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't use pull-ups cuz they're spendy. I always have a baby in diapers by the time the next one up is PTing, but if I didn't, I'd just wash the night time diaper with regular laundry.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisolstice
I don't use pull-ups cuz they're spendy. I always have a baby in diapers by the time the next one up is PTing, but if I didn't, I'd just wash the night time diaper with regular laundry.
If it were me I'd probably do this. It's just pee so I wouldn't be about putting it in with my other clothes.

I'm typing on my iPhone, sorry.
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

If I could afford the upfront cost for nighttime cloth pullups for my daytime trained 2yo and 3yo I would totally do it. Sposie pullups leak a LOT and they really seem to cause my boys to be rashier than normal. Mine totally REFUSE to wear anything that looks like a diaper now and yet my boys tend to not be totally night trained until 4-5. If you can do it, I would buy cloth night trainers and just wash them with sheets/towels.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are at the same point, and I gave in and use a sposie pull-up at night. I asked about it here before I gave in to this, and got lots of suggestions to wash the overnight diaper with towels, regular laundry, etc. For the life of me, I could not get a stinky, toddler pee overnight diaper clean in a load of towels in a heavy wash cycle. I tried rinsing them out by hand, but they still weren't getting clean. I felt I was wasting more money, water and energy by running extra rinses on the load of towels than I was by using one sposie a day. My DD also got to the point where she did not want to lay down and get a diaper on and the pull-ups were not a fight. When the new baby comes and I am doing diaper laundry again I will go back to using ME Sandys on her at night if needed, but for now I feel no guilt about 1 sposie a day!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #16
Abbaloosa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just switched from sposie pull-ups overnight to cloth three wks ago. My reasons....I have two in them, so they were costing $1 per night. I went with dappi pants, fleece soakers and kite-folded flats...if I make them last just over a month they'll be paid for. I do really dislike having to snappi them on and off if they decide they need to go potty five minutes after going to bed (which happens nearly every night) but I have a lot more time than money right now . We've had no leaks and the flats so far are coming clean with no trouble.

Btw, Pampers Underjams worked very well for my boys overnight. We didn't ever have a leak...and they are both tummy sleepers.

Last edited by Abbaloosa; 03-16-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Abbaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I switched to sposie pull-ups at night for my 2 year old when my morning sickness was so bad the just the thought of getting him out of bed and changing his diaper made me want to throw up.

I couldn't have the cloth diapers sitting around since the smell bothered me so much. I tried rinsing them out every morning, soaking them in vinegar, but they still smelled so strong and were giving my DS a rash and many times still leaked so I was having to wash pjs, sheets and blankets. Also, the only thing I could get to work was pinned flats with hemp doublers. No trainers would work, pockets would leak, fitteds held onto smell. All this was just way to much work when all you want to do is lay in bed and sleep.

With the pull-ups, he can put it on himself, put his pjs on and he is ready for bed. In the morning, he can take it off and throw it in the trash. It was just so much easier since he can do it all by himself. I'm now feeling much better, but I will most likely stick with the pull-us until he is night trained.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #18
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i wouldn't because pull ups give ds horrible horrible rashes. i don't know why, sposie diapers never bothered him, but the pull ups are really bad for him.

we're still in the midst of potty training, but i have gone through various times when he only uses 1 cd per day (he was in a daycare for awhile that wouldn't take cloth). i still liked doing cloth because of the chemical thing, and the fact that i'd already bought my cloth diaper stash, so that was money down the drain, therefore every sposie i avoided using, saved me money. i just do a smaller load at those times. i also can't imagine a nighttime diaper getting clean with just a regular load of clothes. that nighttime pee really needs an extra rinsing imo.

i can totally see your reasoning though, and if pull up work for you, great! if you'd rather still do cloth, then just do a smaller load. no need to wait for a full load.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote