Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Post baby stomach binder...

I have a custom made one similar to this one http://www.yourcorset.com/images/waistcorset/4-waist-training-underbust-corset.jpg. It's not made specifically for postpartum use but I figure that it will do the job since it already has all the boning and support that I'd be looking for in a stomach binder and it's already in my closet

Advertisement

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You might wanna check out one similar to the one I posted only because it's more adjustable and might be more comfortable after baby and once you reach the smallest with the wrap one then use the corset to maintain. I think I'll get a corset after I get to the smallest setting
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a danskin one off amazon for $9. hopefully it works, my mom sais they used to just tie a sheet around you real tight so I figure anything putting pressure on the area should work.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
Gita
Registered Users
Formerly: MiamiBaby
seller

My Mood:

I asked my midwife, she said even some supportive undergarments like Spanx would work. (I had the same problem last time with the belly bandit being too large for my petite torso.)
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #15
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Any of them will work fine. I have used the wraps that the hospital gives you for both pregnancies but I have vertical incisions both times (not uterine) and i truly Needed toe extra support for the surgical site to heal properly. The belly bandit is shorter and the amazon one looks a little wider like to hospital ones but it is hard to tell. Corsets are great but they are not so comfortable after birth weather vaginally or sectioned so I personally wouldn't go that route. From a purely therapeutic standpoint I also wouldn't really recommend using ace either unless you are really good at getting it wrapped evenly. It will most certainly shift and roll on you if it isn't and it can't really do it's job that way.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

I'm planning on just using one of the binders you use when working out. They look pretty similar to the belly bandit, except they make you sweat when you're working out. Should be fine for normal wear, I think.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #17
cayem
Registered Users

I have to comment on this! I did so much research on binding after my third. Not as much for health reasons, but for vanity purposes. I was on bedrest, so I did a lot of searching and shopping online. Too many bad rating for the belly bandit, plus I didn't want to see the seam. I ended up buying one of these and was back in my non-maternity jeans one week after delivery. This baby really sucks everything in! Comfortable? I got used to it. But it wasn't about comfort, for me.

http://www.classicshapewear.com/leon...75-p-2363.html
cayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this thread is a little old, but here is what I was thinking: I liked that Malay one & I really liked these other expensive ones, but I don't have any money! So, the Malay one was 12 m by 30 cm so roughly 39 ft by 11 inches. Couldn't I buy a flat twin sheet (or find one lying around, etc) & cut it & stitch it together?? A flat twin measures 100x66 in so I could cut it into 5 strips then sew them end to end which would be about 41 in long x 12 inches wide. Thoughts? Would the seams be uncomfortable? it will fall apart If I don't hem the edges? Just throwing it out there :-)

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote