Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #71
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pretty silly to have to think this hard about stuff when we don't even know if we are having a boy lol. But I plan on never having sposies on this baby

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #72
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you got you SON circumcised how..

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyvegan View Post
I think all this "for looks" stuff come from mamas of circ'd babies making "ew, yuck" faces when you mention your baby is intact. Or when those same mamas SAY that they circ because "it" just looks gross uncirc'd. Granted, not ALL circ'ing mamas feel this way, but I know AT LEAST a dozen people IRL who have told me that they circ to make the penis more attractive, regardless of any health benefits it may or may not have (all the rest of them say it's so that baby and daddy can have matching penises, how cute).
see im just the opposite, i think a penis with the foreskin removed looks really gross. i know all the women that i know who have intact partners say the same
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:36 AM   #73
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes

see im just the opposite, i think a penis with the foreskin removed looks really gross. i know all the women that i know who have intact partners say the same
I think penises are ugly ether way! Not a pretty part of the body! But I have seen both and let me tell you I was not llike "eww your circumcised or eww your not circumcised"
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #74
keegen456
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3 View Post
I think penises are ugly ether way! Not a pretty part of the body! But I have seen both and let me tell you I was not llike "eww your circumcised or eww your not circumcised"

My boys are not circumcised but my friends DS is. She cut up little strips of fleece and used coconut oil on the tip for a few days untill it healed. She didn't have any problems with it sticking or ruining her cloth. Hope that helps
Old 03-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #75
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We did not circ but my nephew is. I gave SIL some CJ's BUTTer rash cream (unscented) and she put it on there every day, with every change. She said it worked fabulously.

You could get a couple of tubes of CJ's since it doubles as rash cream anyway.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #76
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
We did not circ but my nephew is. I gave SIL some CJ's BUTTer rash cream (unscented) and she put it on there every day, with every change. She said it worked fabulously.

You could get a couple of tubes of CJ's since it doubles as rash cream anyway.
Thank you. i use CJs but we use the stick, i guess i could invest in the tube since we will use it if baby is a boy or girl lol. is the stuff in the tube soft?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #77
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
We used cloth, under a wool cover for super breathability.

I also mixed Herb Pharm Trauma Oil with lanolin and vaseline for healing. I think I lined diapers with a scrap of t shirt only for 2 changes, but we were using flats so it didnt matter so much.

He healed up in a few days. Even our intactivist midwife was impressed by how it looked at 1 day. He had a little extra bleeding the afternoon of the procedure but as the doctor had told us, if you see blood trickling, just apply pressure for 60 secs. It was all good after that.

I really didnt want to, but I'm Jewish and thought it was an unfair burden to put on him when he's older, just because I didnt have the guts to do it now. I researched the variations of the procedure, chose the doctor carefully, and his Dad and I were present for the whole thing. I held his hands, while he sucked sugar water off his Dads finger. The most discomfort he showed was with the first lidocaine injection and with the cleaning after, but even those were minor compared to the heel prick for PKU testing. He was also 16 days old, so the doc said he reacted more than most.

I think the intactivist post above is rude because it has so much false info. Interferes with breastfeeding 75% of the time is plain bull. Even my midwife, who tried to talk me out of it, didn't make that claim. My son was underweight the day of his procedure, an ounce away from not being able to do it... Afterward he nursed so well he started gaining more than an ounce a day.

Honestly the risks of circ vs not are higher than having a baby in a hospital instead of at home. And nobody's out telling everyone to run away from hospitals.

There was also a study just published that circumcised men have lower rates of prostate cancer. Makes no sense but there you go

http://www.drmomma.org/2012/03/circu...-prostate.html

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #78
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

Since when is "drmomma.org" or "circumstitions.com" a reputable source of scientific information? I laugh every time I see biased sites like that cited as a reliable source of information. That is not research. They will tell you precisely what you want to hear, just as a pro-circ website would! It is nonsense. Sure, they all post studies but only ones that favor their point of view.

Medical journals are reliable sources of unbiased information. Medical organizations like the WHO, AAP, AUA, and the CDC are reliable and unbiased. That is where people need to do their "research," not on bogus "save the foreskin" sites.

ETA: I can't say that I'm surprised considering how many people would heed the advice of their peers on a public forum before they'd listen to their own pediatricians and other medical professionals. And no one knows better than Dr. Google, right?

Last edited by Stamina; 03-19-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Stamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #79
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have done all the research I need, but thank you for the diapering and healing info.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #80
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Please stay ON TOPIC. The OP did not ask for anyones opinion on whether or not she should circ her son.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote