Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #21
Tippytoe's Avatar
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,179
So we've reached a very rough patch over here. I know DD is teething, and having MAJOR separation anxiety, but I'm tired!! I try to count my blessings because, really, she's an awesome baby. And I'm truly blessed with her. But she is not napping!! At all. She can only sleep if I'm her human pacifier. The minute it falls out of her mouth, she's crying. My son is on his second week of his break. He's been a little bit crazy. Lol. We are all so out of routine. :-/.
I'm not adjusting well to feeding DD solids. She wants them, but I'm having a hard time getting the solids for her because I've been lazy about cooking :: hides::. Any suggestions for solids? What does your LO eat? Lol I feel like a complete idiot asking this because I have three kids! But I'm in need of suggestions.

So, she's still not crawling :-/. She's not rolling over. She did start rolling over MONTHS ago, then just stopped. She does scoot on her butt to get around, though. It's hard not to compare. Especially since my other two were crawling at 7 months and walked at 12 months. I'm not sure that it's because she's the baby and is carried more because I'm busier? Sigh. I know when she does start to crawl..if she doesn't go straight to walking... I'll wish she wasn't mobile!! Haha

Advertisement

__________________
Life is not tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.
Tippytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
justineybean's Avatar
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,072
My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippytoe View Post
So we've reached a very rough patch over here. I know DD is teething, and having MAJOR separation anxiety, but I'm tired!! I try to count my blessings because, really, she's an awesome baby. And I'm truly blessed with her. But she is not napping!! At all. She can only sleep if I'm her human pacifier. The minute it falls out of her mouth, she's crying. My son is on his second week of his break. He's been a little bit crazy. Lol. We are all so out of routine. :-/.
I'm not adjusting well to feeding DD solids. She wants them, but I'm having a hard time getting the solids for her because I've been lazy about cooking :: hides::. Any suggestions for solids? What does your LO eat? Lol I feel like a complete idiot asking this because I have three kids! But I'm in need of suggestions.

So, she's still not crawling :-/. She's not rolling over. She did start rolling over MONTHS ago, then just stopped. She does scoot on her butt to get around, though. It's hard not to compare. Especially since my other two were crawling at 7 months and walked at 12 months. I'm not sure that it's because she's the baby and is carried more because I'm busier? Sigh. I know when she does start to crawl..if she doesn't go straight to walking... I'll wish she wasn't mobile!! Haha
Aww This sounds JUST like me!

DD is interested in solids too but I only give her what I can squash up right out of the "wrapper" like a banana, yogurt, or an avocado. Baby junk food. I think I'm going to take an afternoon and ask my DH to watch the kids while I cook some veggies and sweet potatoes and then smoosh them and put them in the freezer for her. We tried small pieces of food too but she gags a lot still. That could be an option though - might be a little easier. I have also been slow because we don't have a diaper sprayer yet. I know, it's bad!

Also I think this must be the time for babies to stop napping and starting clinging to mama all the time! DD has always been okay with anyone holding her but lately she seems more suspicious of other people and she sometimes cries when I hand her off. Sleep has just been going downhill for about the last 4 or 5 months. She only naps about once a day most of the time, fights falling asleep at bedtime, and wakes up many times during the night.

Sigh. But she's so sweet and squishy and smiley. We'll get through it!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
Zookeeper's Avatar
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 659
My Mood:
I'm back! The DS app is finally fixed I will write more when I'm on my break, but
1. OMG Cherrycoke! SO happy for you!
2. We are also in the throes of separation anxiety and teeth! I feel you all on the not napping

Hugs girls, we are all normal and this too shall pass! Will update more in a bit
__________________
Rachel + {J} 10.14.06= {Q} 08.09 and {T} 05.11
~We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.~ Laura Stavoe Harm
Zookeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #24
juliabell's Avatar
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 617
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post
Looks like I'll be chatting in a second DDC! You ladies (and the new club) are the only ones who will know yet. We're not planning on announcing to anyone else until after DS's first birthday (which will coincide with the second trimester), but I just HAD to tell someone!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting!!
__________________
Julia.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #25
juliabell's Avatar
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 617
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

I feel like I can maybe help a little bit!!

Food: THE ANSWER IS TOAST. Buy bread, cream cheese, coconut oil, some jars of fruit puree, ANYTHING SPREADABLE. Then you just make toast and put crap on it. I use a pizza cutter to chop it into squares easily. I give DS toast almost everyday. We also gave up on pureeing stuff (I was super dedicated early on) and started buying the pouched food. DS wanted to "do it himself" so spoon feeding was out of the question. He can suck down the pouch easily. We also do a lot of blueberries, cheerios, cheese (buy in stick form - easy to break up), banana, avocado.

NAPPING/SLEEPING: DS started waking earlier and earlier and I found that it's a sign of the transition from 2 naps to 1 nap. I began cutting the 1st nap down from 1.25 hours to first 1 hr, then 45m, then 30m, and now we're cutting it down to about 20-30m. This puts the emphasis on a long afternoon nap. Which will help them sleep better at night. 2 naps is too much, 1 nap isn't enough. Ibuprofen has also been our best friend these past few weeks for teething. AND if you've ever read the Wonder Weeks book, 41-46weeks of age is prime developmental time and they'll start being fussy and cranky. We have a lot of screaming over here and whining and clinging.

Hopefully some of this is a little helpful

We got to a point where DS needed more interaction and stimulation so we went to a Kindermusik class yesterday. It was SO FUN. And it was great to see a bunch of different babies of different ages and different sizes. It helped to stop comparing I've always been weird about DS being smaller, but we met a little girl who was 13 months and smaller than DS. So many shapes, sizes and stages!
__________________
Julia.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
watermelon's Avatar
watermelon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,136
My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Congratulations CherryCoke! That is so exciting. Hope you are feeling well!

A is finally moving around the room with rolls and scoots. J is up on hands and knees but not crawling yet...still relying on the backwards scoot. They are sitting up much better but still not pushing to get there. J has, but won't do it regularly. They are joyful but do have stranger danger. Every single day is easier!
__________________
Mama to DD 10, DD 8, DS 7, DS 5, and identical twin almost 1 year old girls born at 26 1/2 weeks and doing super! Thanking God every day for our blessings!!!
watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #27
Zookeeper's Avatar
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 659
My Mood:
Forgot to add pics this month, so here are my late ones I will have some seriously adorable matching Easter outfit ones coming up in April!

Toby still isn't crawling and he still isn't napping well either. I am trying to appreciate the not crawling part. I like putting him down and knowing he will stay put! We are definitely working on teeth and I'm pretty sure separation anxiety. He FINALLY is eating finger foods, seems like it just happened overnight for him. I am also atruggling with my weight, but I am one who always does, so it's nothing new I started making green smoothies in the morning and my mom gave me her treadmill so I can start walking in the morning before work. Send me some motivational vibes that I actually do it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120323_080714.jpg (5.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120323_080733.jpg (8.7 KB, 26 views)
__________________
Rachel + {J} 10.14.06= {Q} 08.09 and {T} 05.11
~We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.~ Laura Stavoe Harm
Zookeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #28
justineybean's Avatar
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,072
My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Rachel - The hat in that first pic is sooo cute on your LO! They seem like sweet brothers to each other too. You are always getting nice photos of them together. Smoothies and walking is a great way to start - that actually gives me some inspiration. I've been giving a lot of thought lately to trying to focus on simple things I can accomplish and those are two great things to do! Good luck with it, you can do it!

watermelon - J & A! I bet that backwards scoot is adorable!

Julia - That is so helpful! I just picked up some baby food pouches yesterday. I did all jars with my DS and I felt so guilty and like I was being lazy. I have good intentions, sometimes they just don't materialize. I wanted to make a lot of food for DD but she definitely seems to want to be more independent with feeding herself even though she can't handle finger foods quite yet. (Yesterday I just handed over power and she had avocado all in her hair It's so cute!) I guess I can still smoosh up whatever I have on hand or what we're eating. Thank you for the advice. I'm going to remember the toast trick when we get there!

Last edited by justineybean; 03-24-2012 at 05:56 AM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #29
cherrycoke's Avatar
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 433
My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
NAPPING/SLEEPING: DS started waking earlier and earlier and I found that it's a sign of the transition from 2 naps to 1 nap. I began cutting the 1st nap down from 1.25 hours to first 1 hr, then 45m, then 30m, and now we're cutting it down to about 20-30m. This puts the emphasis on a long afternoon nap. Which will help them sleep better at night. 2 naps is too much, 1 nap isn't enough. Ibuprofen has also been our best friend these past few weeks for teething. AND if you've ever read the Wonder Weeks book, 41-46weeks of age is prime developmental time and they'll start being fussy and cranky. We have a lot of screaming over here and whining and clinging.
This is SUPER helpful for us! We've noticed a change in DS's napping but couldn't quite figure out what was going on! I will definitely mention to DH (who watches DS while I'm at work) and we'll see if we can coax DS into longer afternoon naps! Thanks!
__________________
Married to my one and only 08/08/08. Momma to DS1 5/11, DS2 11/12, and shhh someone new expected in 2015! We BF, BW, CD (most of the time), CS, and love every minute of it!
cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #30
Zookeeper's Avatar
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 659
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean
Rachel - The hat in that first pic is sooo cute on your LO! They seem like sweet brothers to each other too. You are always getting nice photos of them together.
HAHAHAHA! You should see them most of the time! Quinn is always beating up on Toby! I don't post those pictures
__________________
Rachel + {J} 10.14.06= {Q} 08.09 and {T} 05.11
~We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.~ Laura Stavoe Harm
Zookeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.