Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is he ready or should I wait?

My DS is almost 28 mos. He likes to sit on the potty now and then but hasn't actually peed yet. Last night he got out of the bath asking to sit on the potty because I stuck his sister on it. He sat on it for a moment and then jumped off and a few minutes later peed in his room... :/ Twice recently he's told me he's pooping just before he fills his diaper. When I asked him this morning if he wanted to poop on the potty or in his diaper, he said 'diaper' and then there it was a couple minutes later. Of course chasing this child down for a diaper change is getting old. I know he's showing signs of being ready, but I'm not sure how ready he really is. WWYD?

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is he ready or should I wait?

From my understanding, lots of kids will use a diaper or their pants to poop for a while. Even once they are pee trained, that is. Have you tried dumping his poop into the potty and telling him thats where it goes? It sounds like he comprehends but maybe it just hasn't clicked.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
janeen0225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I think a lot of mamas here might disagree with me, but in my book, if there is any question at all about it, I wait. I trained my older daughter at about 30-31 months (she had been showing interest since about 16 months). I don't plan to start with dd2 until sometime after her 3rd birthday. I have a friend with 5 children, and she doesn't start until 3 1/2. At that point, she doesn't really have to do much, and isn't dealing with a bunch of accidents. My observation of her approach at 3 1/2 was that it was faster, easier, and less stressful for both her and her kids than it was for me, PTing my daughter at 2 1/2.
Cloth diapering our new little bundle
janeen0225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
janeen0225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I think a lot of mamas here might disagree with me, but in my book, if there is any question at all about it, I wait. I trained my older daughter at about 30-31 months (she had been showing interest since about 16 months). I don't plan to start with dd2 until sometime after her 3rd birthday. I have a friend with 5 children, and she doesn't start until 3 1/2. At that point, she doesn't really have to do much, and isn't dealing with a bunch of accidents. My observation of her approach at 3 1/2 was that it was faster, easier, and less stressful for both her and her kids than it was for me, PTing my daughter at 2 1/2.
Cloth diapering our new little bundle
janeen0225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
cmaniezzz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeen0225 View Post
This is what DH and I agree on.. instead of 'torturing' ourselves to train DS potty from 18 months, and have to train him for 2 year, we rather wait for when he's 3 and only have to train him for few months.. But i'm more like "what people gonna think, he's 2 and still wear diapers!!' .. He just turn 2, I bought the 3-day potty train e-book to prepare myself, and try to tell him about potty and toilet.. but I myself not ready yet And I don't think he is.. try to take him pee few times but all he likes to do is get the toilet paper, wipe his but and flush hahahah..

Knita's Knitting YYMN/MYMN custom
Like myFacebook page to win free YYMN
cmaniezzz is offline   Reply With Quote