Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #101
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 babies- March Chatter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
(started writing last night and finished this morning)

to everyone. I can empathize with many of you.
Jacky, I hear ya on the jealous newbie thing. For me, I get jealous of other people's pregnancies. Our miscarriage inbetween Sydney and Elijah just stole a lot of the joy out of pregnancy for me. Even now, with several of my friends pregnant (and my sis-in-law newly pregnant with #2), I get really synical and think 'they shouldn't announce yet, what if something happens.' Isn't that aweful that I think that way???
anyway...sorry to contribute to the blues, but I had a bit of a rough night myself. the kids would not listen to me for anything this evening....it was a combination of a lot of things and I knew I was not handling it the best, but it all ended with yelling on my part, crying kids and bedtime with no Cars 2 together. Gave them extra hugs when the got in bed and laid down with sydney for a bit, but I still feel bad. add to it a bit of family drama and I could really use my hubby to lean on, but he is still out of town.

on a positive note, wayne's office is coming together well. my good friend is helping me paint and even came inbetween 2 shifts of her job today to help me out. I think she even went back tonight or is going to be there early tomorrow to keep working even though I can't get there til later in the day. that is a true friend.

oh, and we are getting a new to us minivan on monday. wait, I think I mentioned that before.

oh, wait, here is a great story. I had to break into our house today. Locked myself and the kids out with no keys or cell phone. I had to break the door frame on our back door. it is a door we never use and is really old, so thankfully there was no metal plate and the lock just went into the wooden door frame. first I went all SWAT on the door, trying to kick it down. that cops show makes it look so easy. yeah, that wasn't happening. we also had a brace against the doorknob from the inside to keep the door from being opened, so I kept getting resistance from that as well. eventually, started kicking it with my back to the door, like a horse would with it's hindlegs, and shazam! success! well, success and a tipped over coat rack and shoe rack.

Congrats on the van! What kind?

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #102
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
sara-with Tanner I just starting feeding him avacodos and adding different oils to his food. I also fed him ALOT!!!! That kid never gained weight! The drs did a TON of blood work on him and he is perfectly fine just tiny!

I think before Peytons next appointment I will fatten her up! I do not want my little girl to go through the blood tests like Tanner. Even though I am tall and DH isn't short we were both tiny babies and the Drs always look at us funny bc we have small babies.

It honestly makes me mad and upset. I am sorry you guys are going through this I have been there and will probably be there after her appointment at the end of April.
I've tried avacado before and she snubbed it. I had been adding evoo to her solids but have almost completely stopped them because they have less calories than breast milk. I added a scoop of formula to her freezer milk bottle today to boost calories even more.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #103
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
I've tried avacado before and she snubbed it. I had been adding evoo to her solids but have almost completely stopped them because they have less calories than breast milk. I added a scoop of formula to her freezer milk bottle today to boost calories even more.
Hmm tough one on the avacados. Tanner loved them. It didn't help though he was still skinny lol!

I am so sorry you are going through this. I remember when I went through it with Tanner, I told my family--sister and mother. They were basically yelling at me saying that I had to feed him and that the Drs are going to put him in the hospital. Did I mention they lived 5 hours away and had no idea what was going on in my house and he ate everything that ever went in front of him including meatballs. Well once they saw him they were apologizing non stop bc they saw he was perfectly healthy and ate more than Blu (who is big) and that nothing was wrong with him.

I think it is tough bc if your baby is chubby then they eat to much and will be obese and if they are skinny well you do not feed them and they will get rickettes or something. Whatever happen to all babies are different?

Again I am sorry you are going through this. I am sure I will need your advice in a month after Peytons appointment.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #104
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

Hmm tough one on the avacados. Tanner loved them. It didn't help though he was still skinny lol!

I am so sorry you are going through this. I remember when I went through it with Tanner, I told my family--sister and mother. They were basically yelling at me saying that I had to feed him and that the Drs are going to put him in the hospital. Did I mention they lived 5 hours away and had no idea what was going on in my house and he ate everything that ever went in front of him including meatballs. Well once they saw him they were apologizing non stop bc they saw he was perfectly healthy and ate more than Blu (who is big) and that nothing was wrong with him.

I think it is tough bc if your baby is chubby then they eat to much and will be obese and if they are skinny well you do not feed them and they will get rickettes or something. Whatever happen to all babies are different?

Again I am sorry you are going through this. I am sure I will need your advice in a month after Peytons appointment.
We retried avacado last night and added evoo and a little oatmeal. She ate the whole thing!!! Yay!!

So torn right now between letting it ride and taking her to CHOP ER and having her admitted. Do I want peace of mind? Or to torture my child?

It's a tough choice
Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #105
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

dang! post disappeared !!!

summary- hugs for everyone!!!

Naomi- I feel you! I have those days where I feel like all I do is yell at the wee ones. Oh and we have a keyless entry door lock on the front door- worth.every.penny. love it.

so it's another fabulous day! dh is working in the yard, and I am getting ready to start lunch.back to school for us here. Also going to work in the yard today too. I'm waiting on a callback from the city about getting the tree in the backyard cut down. Once that's done we have to clear the area to start building the shed. ok off to work!
Old 03-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #106
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
We retried avacado last night and added evoo and a little oatmeal. She ate the whole thing!!! Yay!!

So torn right now between letting it ride and taking her to CHOP ER and having her admitted. Do I want peace of mind? Or to torture my child?

It's a tough choice
Awesome about the avacados!!!!

See with Tanner and Peyton they are both so active, fun, and imo the smartest children alive them not gaining weight did not concern me bc they were not sluggish and sleeping all the time nor were they up at all hrs of the night (we had our moments of course).

I did have Tanner tested and I was concerned and it did ease my mind. It also eased my mind when Blu wasn't talking at 2 and we had him evaluated and he was fine. Not the same thing obviously but I think ease of mind is important.

The testing I had done for Tanner was at a lab through my ped's perscription so I did not have to check him in or anything. I held him they drew blood. He cried, I nursed and all was well. He did get special attention that day though and his nickname became Tiny or Teeny Tiny Tanner for the long nickname.

Maybe if you just talked to your ped and did that instead of checking her in.

I got it done bc ped rec it and I wanted to rule all things out, like mostly allergies or digestion issues--the boy can poop ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

I am sure this Dr will make us do the same thing.

Last edited by dagmomma; 03-26-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #107
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Okay mamas, I know it's late but I need some prayers tonight. Nathan is going in the morning for surgery to repair urethral closing. Dominic had it done at age three so I'm a little familiar with it but still, my boy is going to be under general anesthesia and it's a hard recovery. Please keep him in your thoughts for me tomorrow.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #108
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Praying for smooth surgery and a quick recovery!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #109
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

YOur family is in my thoughts!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #110
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Okay, all went well and were home. He did great. I was so worried anesthesia would be rough bit he was so cooperative. Such a trooper. Now, trying to get him to let me apply medicine to it.....whole 'nother story.

I'm exhausted though. Got up at 4:15, Harper right after that and she hasn't slept yet. Don't know what's up with this girl. She doesn't nap!!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote