Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: mucus plug???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogadget View Post
I think I lost another chunk of the plug!
I can't/don't want to be induced either and am going to start acupunture this week. I see the dr today and I'm not sure if she plans to do a sweep or not but I'm up for it. I actually switched from my ob to a GP who delivers because the ob wanted to induce me a 36 weeks or just schedule a c section and not let me try for a vbac. He also told me to bake a smaller baby this time and not to eat sugar ever! I was floored and I don't agree with this aproach so I went elsewhere. Baby is much lower this time and I'm more effaced than last time - all good signs! I had loads of BH last time and this time I do too but they don't seem as heavy duty. I'm hoping the sweeps and acupuncture get things going on time. Did you have sweeps in your 37th week? I hope your baby comes soon!
Good for you for advocating for yourself and your baby! I also switched mw's because I did not feel comfortable with what the first mw's were saying. Love the ones I chose!!
Anyway, I went for some sweeps or internals in my 36th week but not in my 37th week because I was hoping to hold off the birth until after my anniversary weekend away with my hubby. I figured that if we had her before, that would be great but I did not want things to get start while on an island that only has ferry service twice a day, even though they have a small hospital and a great midwife. The risk was too great. Now that it's over and I'm 38 weeks, I'm going full-strength forward to have my vbac! I haven't gone for acupuncture but maybe I should!? The last sweep I had was over a week ago and gave me intense menstrual-like cramps for a night. It was rough and I thought that this was it but it wasn't. They stopped I'm hoping for some intense stuff today and tonight and maybe, just maybe, we will have the baby on our real anniversary tomorrow!

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

i wonder if my dr will do sweeps or not...not gonna hold my breath since he is still for c/s...i have my mid 36 wk appt tomorrow and plan on having a really good talk with him about the vbac...and even talked to DH this morning abotu using a different hossy should i go into labor while he is off working...these other hossies are more inl line with where he would be traveling...therefore he could get to me sooner...

AM i crazy for not really being concerned with who delivers baby...i just want a good hospital that allows vbacs and a dr i could care less about...

i haven't seen any mplug type of stuff...maybe i will soon!!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
gogadget
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
Good for you for advocating for yourself and your baby! I also switched mw's because I did not feel comfortable with what the first mw's were saying. Love the ones I chose!!
Anyway, I went for some sweeps or internals in my 36th week but not in my 37th week because I was hoping to hold off the birth until after my anniversary weekend away with my hubby. I figured that if we had her before, that would be great but I did not want things to get start while on an island that only has ferry service twice a day, even though they have a small hospital and a great midwife. The risk was too great. Now that it's over and I'm 38 weeks, I'm going full-strength forward to have my vbac! I haven't gone for acupuncture but maybe I should!? The last sweep I had was over a week ago and gave me intense menstrual-like cramps for a night. It was rough and I thought that this was it but it wasn't. They stopped I'm hoping for some intense stuff today and tonight and maybe, just maybe, we will have the baby on our real anniversary tomorrow!
I have acupucture booked for Sunday and massage for Weds. I'm kind of dreading the sweep but I want to do what I can to avoid an induction. The sweep is so uncomfortable and will probably only get me cramping and anxiously packing my bag and cleaning. : ) Fingers crossed your baby comes soon!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

DDC but with my last two i lost my plus a couple weeks before i delivered
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
masja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lost mine when I went into labor with DS, with DD I lost it at 32 weeks but ended up with a scheduled c-section at 38w6d without issue. So far nothing with this babe.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's true, the plug does grow back! I just had more come out after my sweep yesterday after not seeing any for just under a week!