Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
MicroPreemieMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone with NICU/Preemie experience?

My baby was born at 26 weeks. The most wonderful ladies knit little hats for the micro preemies. I really think a hat is great because Aubrey had to wear one for 3 months to maintain her Temp. Since she could not wear clothes because all the tubes and not stimulating her it was our only cute thing... Hope this helps

Advertisement

MicroPreemieMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #12
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

at 29 weeks the babe's skin is going to be super super sensitive and will not be able to tolerate clothing for a bit. I would make the babe a hat, booties will not be needed for a while yet either, not until they move the babe to a crib at least.

I personally think that making something up for momma would be the best. This is going to be a confusing and very very difficult time for her to get through emotionally and physically. Maybe make up a kit with a book to read, a journal and pen, and some hand lotion...a must have for NICU mommas having to wash their hands 200 plus times a day.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #13
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicap View Post
I personally think that making something up for momma would be the best. This is going to be a confusing and very very difficult time for her to get through emotionally and physically. Maybe make up a kit with a book to read, a journal and pen, and some hand lotion...a must have for NICU mommas having to wash their hands 200 plus times a day.

Great ideas, jessicap! I was only with my DD for 8 days in NICU and it seemed soooo long. You don't feel right leaving but most of their time has to be spent in that warming bed so you just sit and sit and sit, listening to every machine beep and waiting for the opportunity to nurse and finally get to hold him or her for a whopping 15-30 precious minutes. I can't even imagine how much more that is multiplied with a 29 week baby. The mama will definitely need something to get her through this time.
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote