Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

LOVE the music idea!!! I think that would REALLY help me! I also like the idea of my baby being born to a song. Also, I cry and am more emotional if I look at DH too. Thank you all sooo much!!

Advertisement

DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Advice for calming down during a CS?

i sang songs in my head during my 2nd c/s (it was scheduled) it really helped!!!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
Mystery
Registered Users
seller

I had a traumatic first c-section as well. My OB knew that I had a lot of anxiety so he prescribed anti-anxiety meds beforehand. (I had preterm labor and was on bedrest and calling him daily flipping out) I also told the anesthesiologist. I don't think he gave me anything beforehand with either of the next two c-sections but was prepared to do so if needed.

What really helped me was counting. I would count in my head to 10 or 20 and then would start again. I would just keep doing it as long as I needed to.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
vivi_mama
Registered Users

I also talked to the nurse anesthetist the whole time-asked her to talk me through each step of the procedure. Warm blankets over my arms also helped and avoiding anything in the iv that made me loopy. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Thanks again guys! I got the okay for music and they aren't going to restrain me, so I'm hoping that will help me feel a lot calmer!!! I'm getting sooo excited to meet this little guy! Friday is the big day!!!
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
Old 03-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Okay, so here's another question for you ladies! Did you choose more calm/relaxation type music or music that made you feel happy?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashersmomoo View Post
Okay, so here's another question for you ladies! Did you choose more calm/relaxation type music or music that made you feel happy?
I chose happy, relaxed music. Some songs from my childhood, songs like I now... The OR is busy enough with machines and lots of people, that (imo) you want something that makes you smile,take deep breaths and seems to slow the room down when you close your eyes.

James Taylor, Nickel Creek, some Bob Dylan, Renee and Jeremy, some folksy instrumentals, Keb Mo, Bonnie Raitt, etc...

Make it long incase your c-section goes longer... my 3rd c-section was 1-1/2 hours... I was glad for a long playlist by the end of it!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I never heard of listening to music during a c-section.

I don't remember what helped me stay calm but I was. I think the thought that if I "lost it" then I would be the one to suffer....I mean I would just be losing it mentally and then would possibly miss my child's birth or complicate things further. I KNEW I had to stay calm for me and me only since no one else could do that for me.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to thank you all again! I had my CS last Friday and it was perfect! I was so calm that my DH thought I was asleep for most of it! I ended up not having to take anything but the spinal and remember everything perfectly. The music and closing my eyes were very helpful. Also, my nurse was a midwife from India and was AMAZING!!! She had so many pressure points and tricks. It was the perfect CS! I was up and walking 5 hours after surgery, I felt so good! Anyway, I just wanted to share my positive update!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
eli'smama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Advice for calming down during a CS? UPDATE in post #19!

Glad to hear that everything went so well for you and that you were able to stay so calm