Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Registered Users
Trainers on small toddlers

I bought a flip trainer off my local fluff b/s/t group, since DD is starting to use the potty at times and I wanted something easy up & down to try and encourage it.

They are rated from 18m+ and 20 lbs+, and she is 23m and about 24-25 lbs, but very slim. I have the trainer on the tightest snap settings, and it is still way too big for her! It gives her serious plumber butt and looks like it's about to fall off. Are all trainers like this so the LOs can pull them on and off, or is it just a flip thing? I was thinking about getting a few pocket trainers for DD's stash since we only have 3 BB, 4 PGs and 2 simplex AIOs that make up her stash (not including night dipes) and it's barely enough to make it to laundry day with dipes to spare. But I don't want to spend the money for something that is going to be falling off her tiny butt.

I think she's still a ways away from actually PTing, most days she doesn't want to sit on it at all, so that's why I wanted pocket trainers, so I can stuff them more like a diaper for now. I'm so disappointed, the dazzle flip is sooo cute and DD loves it, but no matter how thick or thin I stuff it it doesn't want to stay up.

Mommy to my sweet little "Peanut" (4/22/10) and little man "Cashew" (9/28/11)

Last edited by puppyluv; 03-27-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: changed title to remove "flip" to hopefully get more opinions :)
puppyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Trainers on small toddlers

ds is 20 lbs and 22 months and can wear a small or xs in my trainers( i do smalls with xs waist bands for PUL trainers and xs for non PUL trainers. on the overnight pullups he wears a small with plenty of growing room(my 3 year old can also wear the smalls but is starting to get plumber's crack.)
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Registered Users

Happy Heinys small pocket trainers worked well on our skinny guy, they were poofy and gave him a bubble butt look, but the waist and legs were snug and contained the messes. I never had luck with snap trainers, i kept having to add snaps to make them adjust small enough.
pixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Grovia trainers fit my skinny toddler well.
CDing, BWing momma to two beautiful little ladies (06/09) and (08/11), and one handsome little man (11/13)
amandartr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Registered Users

Flips literally fell off my daughter at 30 pounds, she is slim and has no butt, so they just fell right down her square hips. GroVia worked for her, as the side flex panels have elastic in them, a very different style than the flip, definitely worth trying, they do fit a 20 pound child, I know because I put them on my 18 pound son and he could have worn them but they were just too tall in the rise!
Wife, Mother, WAHM, and cding nut!
DD 1-27-09 DS 6-8-11
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
My Mood:

i think flip run larger than every trainer we've tried and we've tried a TON! i couldn't really find what i was looking for in a trainer so i've been working on making my own.
Mom to Brayden & Landon
Green Sugar Boutique - bath and body products -
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote