Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
b bright
Registered Users
seller

My diapers feel hard and crunchy..help!

I bought some kissaluvs second hand. They are 90% cotton, 10% polyester. They were washed and dried in a dryer and they feel so crunchy and scratchy. I dont think i would want to put something so scratchy on a baies bum...

Why so rough? Is it from being "well loved" or what?

I also have some envibums i bought 2nd hand and the inside is waffle weave fabric and it feels even worse. I couldnt imagine something like that being stuck on my bum for an hour or more.

Now what? I dont want to even use them...

I think i will end up selling them, but how do i price them? Ive never had kl0s before or envibum so i dont know if these are well loved diapers that should be price dropped drastically or what? They are all in great shape otherwise with very stretchy elastics and clean velcro (envibum), etc....but they are just so crunchy feeling.

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
umajo
Registered Users
seller

Re: My diapers feel hard and crunchy..help!

Most fabrics (especially natural fibers) lose softness over time. Mineral buildup can also contribute. I would try stripping them and then adding some ecover fabric softener to the rinse. Another alternative is to use a liner with them, such as fleece, suedecloth or athletic wicking fabric (or even just cut up an old t-shirt if you don't need stay dry). If they are still too rough for your liking, search on FSOT for how other people have priced the same diapers. Or you could resell them for the same or a bit less than what you bought them for. Hope that helps.