Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Re: Anyone change up stashes between babies...

I did, no regrets.

I did prefolds/wool at home with ds, and pockets (BGOS mostly) out and for daycare. I got rid of all of the pockets and all but the special wool when he PL.

With dd, I am using all of the same prefolds, but she got new-to-us wool for the most part. I AM glad I kept my HTF stuff, like the old soft, stretchy SBish and Luxe. I don't use pockets at all with her - natural fibers only. I keep flats pad folded into Flips or Bummis Super Lites for DH to use, because he always stabs himself when he pins a prefold.

Her newborn stash was totally her's, too - I had kept nothing from ds. I had 18 fitteds and 6 AIOs and a handful of Loveybums wool wraps. I am selling/sold all of it, too, so if there is another baby s/he will have their very own newborn stash.

Advertisement

L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
ALNaturMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am changing out our stash. I used prefolds, thirsties original fitteds, BG fitteds, BG pockets, BSWW and a couple of covers. I'm getting rid of the Thirsties, BGfitteds, and original BG pockets. I'd like to go with more durable and cuter fitteds, some aios, and add in more wool, and then some pockets when this one is mobile. I plan to mostly use prefolds again, so I'd like the fitteds, covers, and aios to be cute since those are what we use when we leave the house. I haven't really decided what I will get this time. Price is definitely an issue since I want more baby carriers and mama cloth, too. I've had to choose between all of those things and a doula, and diapers/carriers/mama cloth won, hands down!

Last edited by ALNaturMom; 03-27-2012 at 06:52 PM.
ALNaturMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
thinkingahead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If money isn't an issue, I see no reason not to change things up.

I'm a hoarder, so I kept everything I might use and just plan on buying more for fun or waiting to see if anything doesn't work with #2. Plus I have prefolds (which last) and lots of old BG organics (which probably won't be worth much after 2 LOs) so it made sense to hang onto them. However, I'm tempted to buy more prefolds (might get a dozen imagines in sm/med/lg just to try them) and covers. No interest in pockets, though I might be convinced to try some other natural fiber aios if the BGs aren't working for some reason.

Last edited by thinkingahead; 03-27-2012 at 10:57 PM.
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #14
junejay4life
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyBum View Post
I've changed completely different diapers. With DD I used lots of pockets like Swaddlebees, FB and BG. I had a lot of RR, Kawaii and SoftBums. Then I realized I hate microfiber and so does my daughter's bum. So I switched everything to natural fibers like Grovia, Swaddlebees Simplex, Peachy Green and Bottombumpers. I have a few Itti Bitti too.
With DS due in two weeks I've got mostly newborn fitteds and Grovia and Swaddlebees Simplex. I've never done fitteds but the prints on Mutts was so cute I had to try them!!
I don't regret it all and it's been a great change for us!!
This is just like me! I went from prefolds and wool to pockets and AIO, and now i think i am going back to wool.
June wife to Jason. Mom to Kianna(8/4/02), Kody (4/23/04), Katalina (born at home 5/16/07) and Kaden (born at home 11/23/09) and baby #5 due 11/27/12

junejay4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #15
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post
So no one is going to try to talk some sense into me?

Thank goodness.
Girl, you are in the wrong forum if you want us to talk you OUT of buying more diapers!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #16
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
Girl, you are in the wrong forum if you want us to talk you OUT of buying more diapers!

Ha ha, I know. But there is usually SOMEONE who will pipe up with something sensible...

I actually want to streamline...so end up with less....just trying to decide how!
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #17
michelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I changed it up a bit for baby 3. We used fitteds with wool for our first two babies. And now with this baby we have tried gdiapers, prefolds and fitteds with PUL and wool, and pockets. Recently, I really wanted to add AIOs to our stash, but I changed my mind because I love wool and would rather spend our money on more fitteds and wool.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #18
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes! I used Smartipants exclusively with Maddy. I have found super love for Fuzzibuns and that is what newbie has!

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote