Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
Fitbaby1
Registered Users
seller

You GO!!! You ARE a super woman! You're son thinks so now and will think so when he's old enough to understand to not mess with mommy!!

Advertisement

Fitbaby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #22
Fitbaby1
Registered Users
seller

Ps--moms HAVE to think about what ifs. That's our protective instinct. Trust your gut. That's what you did!
Fitbaby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Avoided a c-section, but with mixed feelings

That's an awesome story. Good for you for standing up for yourself. Your mommy instinct KNEW that you could do this. .you just needed that extra little push, and the OB gave it to you.

You are healthy. Your baby is healthy. There is nothing to feel guilty about!

Way to go, and congrats mama!!!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #24
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithyne

You wanted to tear but your midwife (again, the medical professonal that you DID trust) said you didn't have the extra pushes so you made the decision that didn't line up with your wishes. That shows you aren't a selfish mother or not thinking of your son's well being.

Congratulations on your little boy and I hope you can move on from this.
This Exactly!!!
jj7202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #25
crunch!910
Registered Users

When my mom was delivering babies, it was common practice to just say push as fast as you can. Once baby was there, they didn't rush you back to a csection to have to pull a descended almost crowning baby out of the birth canal. They had you push as hard and fast as you could. You should have NO guilt, because that is the way it SHOULD be!

You did wonderful! GOOD for you for cursing that doctor out, and congrats on a healthy baby boy!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #26
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can't think about what might have been! You planned, you researched, you consulted professionals. When you squeezed your baby out, you cleared his lungs. You reduced his risk of infection and respiratory issues. You increased your risk of bonding and breastfeeding. A c/s would have increased your risk of future infertility, miscarriage, placenta problems, and hemorrhage. They can do a c/s in crazy quick time, that OB was never on your side. If the midwives were ok with it, I would trust their experience. They have a better track record. I'm proud of you for your decision and pray God will give you healing for these doubts that plague you.
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote