Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #21
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 3/26 - 4/1

I was awake for 20 hours straight yesterday/last night M would not settle down to sleep and acted like she wanted to nurse every 30 min/hour. So I did and she still didn't sleep. DH took over at 3 and was able to rock her and give her a paci until she fell asleep. I have a gumdrop paci for her but I think I'm going to get a different kind to try. And dh is going to get the swing out of the attic and set up for me tonight. I do not do well with sleep deprivation...at all. I hope I can handle two kids after he goes back to work, which isn't until April 9...I'm going to be so spoiled...

Advertisement

lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post
You will likely measure smaller at the end as baby sinks further down! Totally normal!

I know you mamas are weary and ready just as I was!!!

I'm having trouble being inactive. Think I'm going to have to commit to bed rest. I am not good at just hanging out and doing nothing for the first two postpartum weeks and I am paying for that in blood gushes at the end of the day! I'm not even supposed to pick up my chubby 18 month old.... Soooo hard to obey that rule!

My midwife tells me about scary stories of a woman's uterus drooping out of her because she was too active! I realize now that I bled much longer after my previous births because I was too active! I'm hardly bleeding now except for when I over do it.
Tonight I had quite a lot of bleeding and I think it is from wrestling with my enormous 2 year-old today. I think I need to slow down a little..but this baby is so easy right now that it is really tempting to get out.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #23
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay for a sleeping baby! She slept from 11-2ish when I woke her up to feed her. And now after nursing and 3 diapers with one explosion up the back, and a new sleeper she's sleeping again. Back to bed for me!
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #24
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I did. I was right on track until 37 weeks or so, then I started measuring 3-4 weeks behind. By the end baby was at 0 station but my cervix was still way posterior. At 41 weeks I was measuring 37 cms.
I think this is me. She baby is a good bit in the pelvis, but seriously had to reach for my cervix. Had a spell of high BP while at my appt Monday, so I'm trying to rid myself of any excess fluid so I can keep on keepin' on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
Yay for a sleeping baby! She slept from 11-2ish when I woke her up to feed her. And now after nursing and 3 diapers with one explosion up the back, and a new sleeper she's sleeping again. Back to bed for me!
and . This is the only part I'm NOT looking forward to (lack of sleep).
Old 03-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #25
mamamoo13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
So glad you got some sleep. That is the part I'm not looking forward to. Glad I at least have older kiddos that can hold/rock/entertain the baby if I am in desperate need of a nap!

Michelle
mamamoo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

so.very.tired.

Mavick was awake from 8-11:30 last night and then again from 4-6AM. Then Michael came in to wake me up just before 8. I would love to go back to bed as Mavick is peacefully sleeping right now, but my toddler won't allow it
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #27
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been terrible about checking in here.
We finally came home from the NICU yesterday and have really been enjoying being home, all together.
Griffin is an absolute angel.
I don't know how we've been so lucky so far, but he is just such an easy, content kid. Only cries when he's hungry, regularly sleeps 3+ hour stretches, and is totally happy to just sit and watch his brother entertain him.
Silas, by the way, is *loving* his new role as big brother. He wants to know everything about feeding and changing him and he wants to help. He thinks his tiny feet are just about the best thing since Play Dough.