Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #41
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon
Juliabell. It is SO hard to let someone else watch your precious one. For me it did get easier as I added kiddos though . I hope you find a solution soon. You need a break once in a while Mama!
Exactly!! Embarrassed to post this, but DH rarely held our first! I was a nervous Nellie and was terrified to leave him without his boobie. LOL. We left him one time with my MIL so we could go to a hockey game. We just got settled into our seats and MIL calls to come pick him up. Lol. Poor thing was just crying hysterically and MIL ended up with hives! I think she probably never wanted to watch him again. But he's 6 now and she watched him today ;-)

Thankfully DH has been on vacay this week and I feel as though I can actually breathe. I'm
Pretty much type-A, too. And I have let things go this week. I do wish I could trust someone to watch all three of my kiddies. That's my problem. Trust. Our parents are older and really don't want to watch kids. Hubby and I have the youngest grand kids on both sides, so I think they're just tired. I do, however, long for an afternoon of just shopping!! Alone :-). But for now, I take alone time an hour or so at a time. Lol.

So how often are the babes nursing in a day? It seems like my girl only wants it for comfort or to fall asleep. I've even tried to supplement with formula because I'm worried she's not getting enough? She refuses the formula.

I feel kind of guilty about saying this, but I think it's time for my girl to move into her crib :-(. I just cannot sleep anymore. Add in the other two kids and my hubby in the bed = :-p. I'm so not ready to hear the crying and I don't want to let her CIO. I tried that with my son and ugh!! I was in tears in a heaping pile outside of his door. My older daughter always slept in her bed...until the last year. Now she sneaks into my bed at some point during the night. I think she's part ninja. Lol

And, Julia, the food/sleep ideas were so helpful. Thank you!

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #42
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Saw this and thought it would be nice for all of us!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	534326_365084520202775_108616812516215_1108140_1196553789_n.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	99771  
Old 03-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #43
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippytoe View Post
Exactly!! Embarrassed to post this, but DH rarely held our first! I was a nervous Nellie and was terrified to leave him without his boobie. LOL. We left him one time with my MIL so we could go to a hockey game. We just got settled into our seats and MIL calls to come pick him up. Lol. Poor thing was just crying hysterically and MIL ended up with hives! I think she probably never wanted to watch him again. But he's 6 now and she watched him today ;-)

Thankfully DH has been on vacay this week and I feel as though I can actually breathe. I'm
Pretty much type-A, too. And I have let things go this week. I do wish I could trust someone to watch all three of my kiddies. That's my problem. Trust. Our parents are older and really don't want to watch kids. Hubby and I have the youngest grand kids on both sides, so I think they're just tired. I do, however, long for an afternoon of just shopping!! Alone :-). But for now, I take alone time an hour or so at a time. Lol.

So how often are the babes nursing in a day? It seems like my girl only wants it for comfort or to fall asleep. I've even tried to supplement with formula because I'm worried she's not getting enough? She refuses the formula.

I feel kind of guilty about saying this, but I think it's time for my girl to move into her crib :-(. I just cannot sleep anymore. Add in the other two kids and my hubby in the bed = :-p. I'm so not ready to hear the crying and I don't want to let her CIO. I tried that with my son and ugh!! I was in tears in a heaping pile outside of his door. My older daughter always slept in her bed...until the last year. Now she sneaks into my bed at some point during the night. I think she's part ninja. Lol

And, Julia, the food/sleep ideas were so helpful. Thank you!
Had to laugh at the MIL with hives. Poor thing. My problem is that I'm sure if I left him with any sort of in-laws, they'd just park him in front of the television. We don't do television in our household and so that bothers me. The inlaws think we're "crazy hippies" since we don't do tv, sugar, CIO, early weaning, etc. Sometimes it's better to just suck it up and deal with not having a break together if it means not having to explain ourselves once again.

Good news is at the end of May my parents are taking our whole family on an Alaskan cruise - they have promised many instances of babysitting the babe so that DH and I can go do something together. I'm excited!

DS nurses after wake-ups. So in the am, and after his two naps. He's too distractible to do it any other time. I have to catch him when he's still sleepy. He'll do a quick 30 second nursing during the day if he's feeling cranky. We have always had to supplement with formula so we give a couple of ounces after each nursing. Generally he refuses it so if your LO is refusing, then it's no biggie. Do you offer water? He guzzles water after meals. Loves it.

You don't have to CIO to move to crib! Are you sidecar-ed? I'd do a slow transition. It's probably harder since she's older. We did a slow transition from bed to sidecar. Then from sidecar to crib in room. Then crib into room. I found the key to getting him to sleep through the night in his room was total darkness. It's like it was disorienting enough when he woke that he just went back to sleep. But we still get up every few nights for nursing or cuddles.

I'm sure I've mentioned it a hundred million times but babywhispererforums.com has a ton of helpful non-CIO solutions. I found that it's realistic to want to have your bed and room and time to yourself for sleep. We were all happier once we got it DS actually sleeps better in his room than he did in our room since we and the snoring dog woke him in the AM.

And YES to choosing Joy! It's so hard sometimes, but I got a full 8 hours last night AND some good one-on-one adult fun time with DH so I'm a happier lady this am
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #44
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ooh I would love for DD to sleep on her own even half the night. It is harder and harder to get her to settle down for bed (and later and later too). Plus almost 4yo DS comes in sometimes to snuggle if he wakes up. My DH hardly ever wakes up. There's no space in the bed. I've come to terms with crappy sleep. DD will nap in her crib and sleep a little while at night before I bring her to our room. Do your LOs sleep with blankets at night?

I'm going to check out the forums you mentioned Julia. Lol your post made me laugh! That cruise sounds amazing!!

DD is still nursing a lot but mostly she "snacks" during the day. I nurse her anytime she gets whiny. It seems to be enough to sustain her through the day b/c she's too busy to stay still for long. She's eating more solids so I suspect things may change at some point. She doesn't really like water yet though. I think she gets the most milk at bedtime, nap time, and the first meal in the morning. She also snacks during the night 3-4 times as far as I remember. Lol I'm barely awake when it happens.

So speaking of solids... Who has a diaper sprayer? I need to get one. Right now her poop is a tad thicker but nothing too bad so I'm not really rinsing yet. Should I be?

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? Anybody get a lotto ticket for the mega million jackpot?! My DH did.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #45
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean
Ooh I would love for DD to sleep on her own even half the night. It is harder and harder to get her to settle down for bed (and later and later too). Plus almost 4yo DS comes in sometimes to snuggle if he wakes up. My DH hardly ever wakes up. There's no space in the bed. I've come to terms with crappy sleep. DD will nap in her crib and sleep a little while at night before I bring her to our room. Do your LOs sleep with blankets at night?

I'm going to check out the forums you mentioned Julia. Lol your post made me laugh! That cruise sounds amazing!!

DD is still nursing a lot but mostly she "snacks" during the day. I nurse her anytime she gets whiny. It seems to be enough to sustain her through the day b/c she's too busy to stay still for long. She's eating more solids so I suspect things may change at some point. She doesn't really like water yet though. I think she gets the most milk at bedtime, nap time, and the first meal in the morning. She also snacks during the night 3-4 times as far as I remember. Lol I'm barely awake when it happens.

So speaking of solids... Who has a diaper sprayer? I need to get one. Right now her poop is a tad thicker but nothing too bad so I'm not really rinsing yet. Should I be?

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? Anybody get a lotto ticket for the mega million jackpot?! My DH did.
Lol! I have a sprayer. But it's a mess! Shhh don't tell DH, but I think he screwed it up installing it!! We've actually been using EC since she turned 8 months:-). She only poops once, maybe twice a day so I just watch her cues and run to the toilet. She is doing awesome and the only dipes I have actually sprayed are from when we're driving!

We got our tickets and went in on a pool, too!! Good luck everyone :-) Our weekend plans are both older kiddies have basketball games and my son has a T-ball game in the afternoon. :-)
Old 03-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #46
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Could NOT live without my sprayer! We use it for stuff other than diapers too!

We don't have the lotto in NV, so no megamillions ticket for me! There are a ton of people driving over the border to CA to buy them though, I saw a line on the news that wrapped around a convenience store and through their parking lot!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #47
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post

I could never come to terms with crappy sleep. The only time I did was in the beginning. I am a terrible person without sleep. That's the reason I had to find something to get DS to nap on his own. He's always been pretty good at night. DS wears jammies (either carter's fleece or terry ones if it's cold or hanna andersson o. cotton ones if it's warmer) with a Disana wool sleepsack. His room stays fairly warm, though. We have a video monitor and he is ALL over the crib, so there's no way I'd put him in there with a blanket!

The forums are good for the most part. Like anything, there's some bad advice floating around. The basic sleep info about how much is needed during day and night and at what age, and how long they should be able to stay awake at what age, has been very helpful to me to getting DS on a schedule. There's good info about what causes night waking and early wakings. I'm only really active on the naps forum in the 2-1 naps transition thread. Today is a 1 nap day! Can't believe it...

Ha, diaper sprayer. I kept having good intentions of getting one. We ended up with "the poop fork." It was just nearby one time (don't ask what a fork was doing in the bathroom...) and I used it to scrape. And now it's remained, because who wants to eat off the poop fork even after it's been cleaned? Although, I imagine a spoon would probably be better... I kept thinking I should get a sturdy spatula. DS has different poops - if they're more peanut buttery then I don't generally scrape - but sometimes it's a lot thicker like playdoh and I scrape then.

This weekend... I really want to paint our LR. It needs to be done and we're sitting here with splotches of primer and areas that were covered by cabinets that are a different color. It needs to be done and it would look so much better if we did. Saturday we have movie night after DS goes to bed. And Sunday is MAD MEN NIGHT. My favorite Tv show in the world Back on after 500 days or something like that
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #48
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Hey all! I can't believe our munchkins are almost a year old

We are doing well, over here. DD has recently started crawling and getting into everything. She took her sweet time to start moving and now she's making up for it, LOL!

We are still nursing. A lot, IMO. She eats everything in sight-all day long- so I don't really think its necessary for her to nurse so much. We can finally go 3-4 hours during the day! I cannot wait to be down to just morning and bedtime- or better yet be DONE!

She also still sleeps with us, we've got the crib sidecarred but she ends up only laying halfway on her mattress, lol.

The past few nights we've tried to put her down, and she immediately goes to all fours and crawls right into the edge of her crib. Like one of those wind up cars, it is really funny. She's so tired but her body fights it!

She still weighs 21 lbs, slowing down a little finally. 30" long and a big ole noggin!

She naps 2x a day, usually on me since I can't put her down. Bedtime routine starts around 7/730 and sleep sometimes happens by 830 *groan*.....and she's up a few times a night. At least by 2 and 5, up around 8.

She looks just like her Daddy but I think she is going to be sassy like me. She has this "poopface" I call it when she is tired or not impressed, it is hysterical. I've got a picture ill post that shows it.

Mind my melons, I needed some sun and the tops I have are way too small! And a pic of her getting into the dog bowls, she loooves dog food and water!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120330_153742.jpg (7.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120330_154018.jpg (4.5 KB, 27 views)

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #49
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Always had a sprayer...but I haven't really needed it with these girlies.

Sleeping. Nobody wants me to be sleeped deprived. I am NOT a nice person. Incidently my oldest is the same way. She is a BEAR w/o sleep. We all pick our battles and what we focus on and I have always made good sleeping habits a big priority in our house. The girlies one thing is that they do not sleep well alone. I have to put them in the crib within seconds of one another or the one in there gets so worked up she can't go to sleep. I LOVE that though because I was so worried while they were in separate beds in the NICU that they wouldn't bond the same.

They weighed around 16 and 16 1/2 at a year and are both nearly 17 (A may have reached it already) now. Since my others weighed 18, 17, 19, and 17 at a year...I figure these girls are pretty close to catching up to their age in size. But not in anything else! And I'm fine with that. They are miracle babies! J is crawling backwards now and rolling and very proficient at getting exactly where she wants to go! A is still fat and happy and content to slowly roll and every so often make a half-hearted effort to push her little bootie up slightly. She may never crawl . But she hugs and kisses and J will only lean in for a hug. I love this age.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #50
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi, Mamas! I was a May DD'er, but my little one came a tad early and I ended up delivering her April 23....but I still count myself in the May DD!

Liv is doing amazing. If anyone remembers, she was our super huge surprise baby (found out we were pg. less than 24 hrs after DH had his V surgery) and then she had a questionable NT scan and we opted for a CVS and the waiting was horrible. Luckily she was super healthy and we breezed through the rest of the pregnancy. She is coming up on her 1st birthday and is my little peanut, weighing about 17 lbs. She is my first baby that I truly feel confident in breastfeeding, and I'm proud that she has had no supplementation. (This is important to me because at 8 months with both of my previous children I thought there was something 'wrong' with me because my babies were nursing all the time. DH suggested we start supplementing, and my milk declined, so then more supplementing....etc.) IN NO WAY AM I AGAINST SUPPLEMENTING YOUR BABIES! Just for me, I feel more confident that if Liv wants to nurse every 20 minutes for a day then I know she is going through a growth spurt. If she wants to nurse every two hours then I know she is getting the nutrition/comfort/whatever else comes from nursing that she needs and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me or my body.

She just figured out how to crawl two weeks ago, and is all over the house and into everything she can get her hands on. She particularly enjoys helping me with the laundry. (Taking out the clean clothes from the basket and throwing them on the floor while I try to fold them.) HA! When she was born her brother was just over 2 years old and had no interest in her at all. Now he is 3, and he adores her--and she adores him. We joke that she loves him more than she loves anyone else because as soon as he enters the room her face lights up and she gets all excited. He cuddles her and likes to hug and kiss her and tickle her under her chin. He calls her his "little pudgy nut" and she shrieks in laughter whenever he interacts with her.

We have a sliding glass door to our back yard, and she sits at the door and "talks" to the kids outside while they play. It is clear that she cannot wait to join them running around in the back yard. We bedshare, so sleeping is great! She starts off the night in her crib (in our room) around 8 or so, wakes at midnight to nurse, then back to her crib if we are still awake, or into bed with us if we are sleeping already. When she wakes at 4ish, she always spends the rest of the night in bed with us. She will nurse, pop off, then roll over to her daddy and hold onto him...he loves that.

All in all, she is our easiest baby. She is worn everywhere and I call her my little barnacle because she is always attached to me. I cloth diaper her while at home, and I use sposies at night and while we are out of the house. I think I've had to use the sprayer twice now, but usually her poops just roll off the diapers. She really didn't start eating actual food until about a month ago. We offered from our plates, but she was not interested. I made up a bunch of baby food for my older children, but with Livvy being so picky I didn't want to do that and have it all go to waste. I just picked up some of those pouches from Target (plum organics?) and she likes some, hates others. I'm glad I didn't invest hours in making something she refuses to eat!

DH and I just got home from our first vacation away from all of our children in 2 years! We spent 5 days in Miami and enjoyed every minute of it. It was the first time that I had left Livvy with anyone, so it was bittersweet, but I'm so happy that we did it. We actually flew my SIL in from New Mexico to take care of them, and my parents took the three littles overnight for two of the days.

So glad to hear that all your babies are doing so wonderfully, and they are all so beautiful!!!!
Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote