Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #691
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

2nd Birthdays! We'll be traveling for the weekend again to the Duluth area, I think. We did that last year for the weekend of his 1st birthday, so it might just become our "thing". For now...next year he'll probably want to do something more exciting like go to the Wisconsin Dells! We're getting him a Strider bike, so that should be interesting! His birthday falls on Memorial Day this year, so we're bumping his birthday party to the first weekend in June. We're probably just doing a backyard BBQ. We might do it at a nearby park, but it'll definitely be low key and probably with less guests than his 1st birthday. The theme will either be construction (he's OBSESSED with cement mixers) or cars. Some type of vehicles!

Who's still breastfeeding? Just Cheryl and Merrilee? Carter has become a nursing hoarder. He feels the need to pile anywhere from 5-20 items on me before deciding to nurse. And then he will stop nursing so one of his "friends" (which is anything from a car to a railroad track to a puzzle piece!) can have some. It's rather...interesting.

It's been gorgeous here! Carter is a total nature lover and we've been spending most of the waking time outdoors! Today it rained though and is quite cool...which is not something Carter was very happy about! He could live at the park.

Advertisement

expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #692
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katesmash View Post
I'm hoping we'll have a fence up by then, but don't know if it will for sure be done in time. We'll probably just have a backyard bbq type party. I'm hoping to make it somewhat of a Thomas the Train theme since he LOVES Thomas. I"m planning on making a "rainbow" cake but only using reds and blues, and I'm going to see if my friend who makes cakes can print me a Thomas picture on rice paper.

test the cake out first to make sure it doesn't end up too purple
Old 03-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #693
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry to just butt in here but I'm not sure where to ask this. My dd is a May 2010 baby, so almost 2yo. Anyway for the last week she has been asking to eat every 2 hours. No lie. It's like having a newborn all over again, except now shecan scream and throw herself on the floor if I don't feed her immediately. I had to put a child lock on the pantry and fridge. She isn't grazing, she really wants a pretty good size portion every two hours. I don't remember this trend with my boys. Thoughts? It's driving me and my budget crazy.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #694
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
sorry to just butt in here but I'm not sure where to ask this. My dd is a May 2010 baby, so almost 2yo. Anyway for the last week she has been asking to eat every 2 hours. She isn't grazing, she really wants a pretty good size portion every two hours.
It's ok

and as long as it's healthy food, feed her. If she's asking, she's prob hungry, maybe having a growth spurt. Try some fruit or veggies since many of those can be gotten cheap and are quick to prepare. Peanut butter crackers are a fav here too, as well as yogurt, and apple sauce.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #695
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Food- Matt likes to eat a lot too. If he finds food sitting out, he'll sometimes help himself. Sometimes he gets into the cold cereal (we keep it under the dining room table). This morning, he found a half-full bag of kisses on the piano (I gave the kids a few as a reward for helping me yesterday). I gave him one, he took it, but held out his other hand and said "More". When I said no, he grunted at me, threw his kiss on the floor and folded his arms. After a minute, he decided that one was better than none, so he happily got up and ate it. He's so silly!

Clothes- Matt has gotten so funny about his clothes. DH seriously thinks I never get this child dressed because he's always in just his diaper when DH gets home from work. Matt gets up in the morning and takes his pj's off first thing. So I change his diaper and get him dressed. He takes his clothes off for the silliest reasons. If he spills ANYTHING on them, he takes them off and puts them in the hamper. It's VERY rare for him to wear the same outfit for the whole day.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #696
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by KiltedKingdom; 04-11-2012 at 08:54 AM.
KiltedKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #697
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
sorry to just butt in here but I'm not sure where to ask this. My dd is a May 2010 baby, so almost 2yo. Anyway for the last week she has been asking to eat every 2 hours. No lie. It's like having a newborn all over again, except now shecan scream and throw herself on the floor if I don't feed her immediately. I had to put a child lock on the pantry and fridge. She isn't grazing, she really wants a pretty good size portion every two hours. I don't remember this trend with my boys. Thoughts? It's driving me and my budget crazy.
Very normal! At least in this household! I swear there are days where Carter can out eat my husband! We kinda joke about where in the world he is putting it all since he's about 23 lbs. He's actually really known for eating dinner, having his tub right after, and then coming out of the tub and already asking for more food.

If she's asking for food, feed her. Like Tina said, it could be a growth spurt. Also, their little bodies burn energy so quickly since they are so busy. I'd go for protein and fiber filled foods to help fill her up. Fruits, veggies, peanut butter/sun butter on whole wheat crackers, oatmeal, yogurt. Skip "junk" so she's filling up on wholesome foods that will likely hold her over longer.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #698
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Aeryn likes to eat too!

Not sure what we're doing for birthday, as far as a party or anything goes. Couldn't have her party last year and it really bummed me out/put me in a funk. We are no better off this year (not just finances). I cannot wait until we are able to get away from living with the ILs.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #699
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry guys. I haven't been paying attention to this thread. Logan is an eater too and he begs. He begs for milk all day long and I try to give him wholesome foods but he is a picky eater the only "healthy" thing he will eat is prunes. Unfortunately he cannot eat prunes all day b/c i couldn't stomach the diapers! LOL

For birthday, I'm being a bad mommy and combining my kiddos birthday parties. Their b-days are only 2 weeks apart so I'm doing it in the middle. We got them one of those nice cedar playgrounds for thier birthday and they are already playing with it!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #700
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to pop on and say that Carter is *hopefully* going to be a big brother in January!! After our two early losses, we could use all the sticky baby vibes and prayers you have to offer.

Here's the thread on the TTC forum if anyone wants to see the tests (my ATTS mamas will understand ): http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1384803