Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Brittany1287
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dr.Browns Breast Pump?

I tried a Pump in Style with my last DS and it hurt like crazy I ended up not breastfeeding. I am deteremined to make it work with this new Little one. I am considering the Dr.Browns breast pump. They no longer make them but I found the electric single and the manual single pumps on a website still for sale. Has anyone used a Dr.Browns and do you think I should get the electric or manual or should I go with something else and get a double?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Brittany1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Will you be returning to work?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dr.Browns Breast Pump?

Also, are you sure that you had the right size breast shields with your pump in style? You can get fitted by the LC's at the hospital where you delivered, or possibly a local LLL provider. If you use a bit of lanolin when you pump it help to lubricate the nipple which should make it a bit more comfortable.

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857
e_roehm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_roehm23
Also, are you sure that you had the right size breast shields with your pump in style? You can get fitted by the LC's at the hospital where you delivered, or possibly a local LLL provider. If you use a bit of lanolin when you pump it help to lubricate the nipple which should make it a bit more comfortable.
This. It if most likely that you had the wrong size horns. Most people don't even realize that there are different sizes. If you work with a lactation consultant they may be able to help you find the right size. Also, you should mess with the suction strength and speed so it is comfortable, higher suction does not mean faster pumping.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

The freestyle has a different feel of suction. It almost has a vibration to it that is way more comfortable than the pis and I seem to have easier letdown with it. It is more expensive but I really like it
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Brittany1287
Registered Users
seller
seller

No I won't be working. My midwife suggested I could even try a hand pump since I will be with the baby probably mostly all the time. What are you opinions on hand pumps?
Brittany1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

My favorite way to hand pump is just hand expression. You don't need anything special and for me it is easier since I hate cleaning all the pump parts. I know it's not for everyone though.
As far as an actual hand pump, I like the medella syringe pump, most hospitals will give you one free if you ask, or I think you can purchase them inexpensively from anywhere that rents pumps or online.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaGirl7 View Post
My favorite way to hand pump is just hand expression. You don't need anything special and for me it is easier since I hate cleaning all the pump parts. I know it's not for everyone though.
As far as an actual hand pump, I like the medella syringe pump, most hospitals will give you one free if you ask, or I think you can purchase them inexpensively from anywhere that rents pumps or online.
Do you have a good link for learning how to hand express? this is a technique we should all know how to do, imho.

I love my Medela Freestyle. I've also used the Medela Swing single electric and it was also very comfortable.

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857

Last edited by e_roehm23; 03-31-2012 at 08:36 PM.
e_roehm23 is offline   Reply With Quote