Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #21
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD: Attempted Child Abductions at Neighborhood Schools

Honestly I am torn. In one respect I say trust the schools. In another I say keep him home! My DD was left alone on the playground at her school for 1hr 15 min! No one looked for her, her teacher assumed we had her though the plan was she would. Never called us! Similar situation happened day before also, DD went to an after school program though so was safe. The teacher didn't know she was safe though.
I would definitely talk to the principal and see what safety is in place. If your not comfortable then take him out and tell them why!
No matter what I would try think of it as when they will get him, not when he gets a kid. It should help your anxiety a tad. As long as he is under someones eye he is safe.

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #22
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

it's not clear from your post what the school is doing about all of this. i think that would make a big difference to me. imo, they should be FREAKING out. not in a panicky way, but as in putting special safeguards in place and going out of their way to be hyper vigilant and keeping kids safe. do you know what they are/aren't doing? if not, i would definitely call the principal, or school board, or someone and see if you can't find out specifics. if they aren't doing anything, or you don't think they're doing enough, i think i would start making some noise to get changes made. surely you can't be the only parent worried about this.

i don't think i'd jump to pulling him out quite yet. definitely keep doing what you're doing in terms of walking him to school, etc. and keep talking to him about what to do if anyone tries to get him to get in their car or come with them. a whistle is a good idea. make sure he isn't afraid to use it. and then work with the school, make sure they know you are there, you are watching, and you are holding them responsible for keeping those kids safe while they're in the school's care. they may be doing more than you think, and you may feel better. or, they may be open and willing to make some changes for the better and you could help keep all those kids safe.

this guy sounds super creepy and determined. i would be really worried too. but, i'm sure the police, military and civilian, are probably hot on his trail and will get him eventually. few people are willing to let a sicko like that just roam free.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #23
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Yikes... I would talk to someone about having a teacher accompany the kids to the bathroom. Each and every child, each and every time. If they couldn't do that, my children would be staying home. If they could, I would be walking my kid(s) to and from school like you're doing, and also parking my car to watch my kid(s) during every recess, every day. Seriously, that might be a little much but that's totally what I'd be doing!
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #24
firstimemommy44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption
Yikes... I would talk to someone about having a teacher accompany the kids to the bathroom. Each and every child, each and every time. If they couldn't do that, my children would be staying home. If they could, I would be walking my kid(s) to and from school like you're doing, and also parking my car to watch my kid(s) during every recess, every day. Seriously, that might be a little much but that's totally what I'd be doing!
^^^^ this. The school shouldn't be letting the kids go to the bathroom alone ever.

My swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ellen44
firstimemommy44 is offline   Reply With Quote