Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Re: Re-clipping tongue tie?

Also hard to say how much better she is with milk transfer because I have been keeping an oversupply since I found out she was TT'd...she nurses way better that way...definitly struggles when my breasts are not FULL

Advertisement

lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you considered taking her for craniosacral therapy? This is generally recommended after clipping. Remember that lo's have to relearn how to suck/latch correctly. Having the CST done can help release tension that could possibly be making it difficult for your lo to adjust to the new found freedom. Make sure you find someone who is certified or has at least had the pediatric classes. The Upledger Institute has a "find a therapist" link that is really helpful. http://www.upledger.com/

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857
e_roehm23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:09 AM   #13
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_roehm23 View Post
Have you considered taking her for craniosacral therapy? This is generally recommended after clipping. Remember that lo's have to relearn how to suck/latch correctly. Having the CST done can help release tension that could possibly be making it difficult for your lo to adjust to the new found freedom. Make sure you find someone who is certified or has at least had the pediatric classes. The Upledger Institute has a "find a therapist" link that is really helpful. http://www.upledger.com/
I am hopefully going to do that soon....waiting to hear back from the IBCLC on one she recommends that hopefully is affordable also..... she suggested I try that first, and if it doesn't work her tt probably needs redone.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What are you doing to keep an over supply? My dd also had a ptt and prefers it when my breasts are really full. I have a Medela Freestyle and I pump every 1-2 hours/ sometimes every 2-3 hrs. I'm also taking More Milk Plus. Been doing this for a week.

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857
e_roehm23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_roehm23 View Post
What are you doing to keep an over supply? My dd also had a ptt and prefers it when my breasts are really full. I have a Medela Freestyle and I pump every 1-2 hours/ sometimes every 2-3 hrs. I'm also taking More Milk Plus. Been doing this for a week.
I'm taking domperidone 3 pills 3 times per day (I was doing 2 pills 3 times per day but just bumped it back up because my freezer stash is getting low), I also take fenugreek 3 pills 3 times per day and drink at least 16oz of coconut vanilla milk and use coconut oil in place of butter/margerine every chance I get. I pump when I can, but, I'm having a really hard time doing so as much as I would like. How does the more milk plus work for you? I have never tried it...