Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #11
topherellajones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: GD Mama's Unite! Who's Hungry?!?!

So I have a dumb question ... How many of you GD Mamas had to be induced due to the GB ?

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #12
Spikettes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I want lemonaide... lots of it. Either homemade or the Simply Lemonade brand.
I'm basically insulin controlled which is good right now because my self control for my diet is gone! My first GD pregnancy I did so much better.

As for inducing... I had to be induced with DS1 (the other GD pregnancy). My OB let me wait until her last day oncall before my due date. It ended up being 3 days before my due date date and I did not deliver until the next day. I have a different OB this time (we moved last year.) But I am expecting the same type of scenario. Most OB's won't let to you go any farther then your due date for fear of the baby getting too big.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #13
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherellajones View Post
So I have a dumb question ... How many of you GD Mamas had to be induced due to the GB ?
I went into labor at 35 weeks by myself... but they did threaten induction if I wasn't delivering by my due date.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have gone into labor 4 days past my due date with both previous babies, so my OB said to expect the same thing this time (so I'm assuming I won't be induced before my due date?). I haven't been measuring big or gaining too much weight, so I think my OB will let me go into labor naturally, but will have me come in for NSTs just to make sure the baby is okay.

Part of this is I don't think she is totally convinced that I have GD, so she might be more relaxed than with another GD patients? But there has been no talk of induction yet and she went over my birth plan at my last appointment and never even hinted at it. I sure hope she doesn't just drop that on me at my next appointment!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #15
masja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have had GD with all 3 pregnancies, the last 2 on insulin. I am looking forward to eating a huuuuge fruit salad with fresh pineapple, strawberries and grapes ooh and maybe some flavored yogurt too! Good thing with insulin is that after awhile u learn what works and what doesn't and if you plan on eating a bit extra u can just take a little more insulin to compensate. I'm going in next Thursday so not much time left, can't wait till I don't have to worry about it again!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #16
topherellajones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am struggling with controlling my GD by diet . My waking blood sugar is normally in the 80s and today I woke up to 103. Sugars were fine before I went to bed .
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #17
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherellajones View Post
I am struggling with controlling my GD by diet . My waking blood sugar is normally in the 80s and today I woke up to 103. Sugars were fine before I went to bed .
My numbers have been creeping higher as well. I'm 33 weeks along. So far the fasting have been okay, but some of my after meal readings have been getting higher.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to tell all of you ladies that I truly sympathize with you!

I've been Type 1 diabetic since I was 9, so I totally understand the stupid diet restrictions and feeling hungry all of the time. I think going around feeling hungry all day when you're pregnant is one of the absolute worst feelings in the world!