Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
KrystleO_1027
Registered Users

Any single WOHM's?

Well, i guess if you are single like me, you pretty much have to WOH!

I'm so overwhelmed with the house work and life in general 24/7!

I work 2nd shift (3-11:30) and have a weird visitation schedule for DS with ex-DH. Essentially he goes there at 2 every day, ex's mom watches him until Ex gets home. Then we alternate the sleep arrangement (M&F i pick him up after work, luckily he still stays asleep during the transition from bed-car-bed. T&Th he stays at daddy's and i get him in the morning, [W-11 after preschool, F @10] Wednesdays he stays home with my mom for the day/night)

Confusing? Yes! We actually just started this from a straight me picking him up every night schedule that just wasn't working for us.

Between appointments, errands, keeping the house up, and having a 3 year old, it's overwhelming! Add 8+ hours a day of work to that and being up late, it's exhausting!

So...anyone else? Or anyone else work 2nd shift?

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have done both, though not now, and not at the same time. It's a lot! But it sounds like you and your ex have at least a decent working relationship and that's great. My ex drive me bananas, but we have been pretty good at various arrangements. For a long time, when odd was little, he had her 2 nights a week at my house and I would take classes those evenings.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 02-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I used to be a single wohm of three. It was tough, but not as tough ad it could have been, because the girls were with me 24/7 and there was no confusing visitation to deal with. They also all went to the school I worked at, so we all went one place in the morning AND I lived and worked on the same street (I purposely moved there to be close to work to make my life easier). It all worked out.

Noe that I'm remarried and dh is a sahd, it is nice to have extra help, but I still hate mornings!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Any single WOHM's?

I have been working seasonal jobs over the past couple years, but this will be my first year single. I've taken a job in housekeeping from May-August, 7 days a week, normal working hours. It's going to be tough on my weekends, or if ds's dad cancels on his weekends, just because I don't really have a sitter, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? I've had enough saved that I didn't need to work last winter and I'm hoping for the same this year so that I can take another semester at school, but we'll see.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

I live with my mom and sis, but just got a part time job at a drug store (Rite Aid) and am looking for a 2nd part time job to help money wise. It's going to be very rough, but I am so tired of depending on student loans, no child support in almost four months, and my mom. I am also trying to finish college to become an elementary teacher. I will mostly be working nights and weekends until I can find a 2nd job to pick up. Ex will be picking up kids a few nights a week and dropping them off to me or one to Pre-k, one to me the mornings he works.
EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

I was a single WOHM of 3 for many years. And there was no visitation, so when they were not in childcare, they were with me. It was a balancing act. I learned to live with my house being clean and not "spotless." I learned to accept that hamburger helper or spaghetti for dinner was okay. I learned it was okay to limit each child to one extracurricular activity. You get the idea. Even though I am no longer single and now have a 4th child, I STILL look back on the many years as a single mom fondly and as one of the happiest times of my life.
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Add me to the list. I have only been working pt until today. I had my first day at my new ft job. It's an hours commute so I'll rarely see DD until we move. Thank God for my mother, grandparents and her dad. Otherwise I'd be screwed. I am exhausted right now after my first day, my head is pounding and my medicine isn't working. I'm already overwhelmed lol