Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Registered Users
Location: Glad to be back in th PNW :) Allyn Wa to be exact!!
My Mood:
Red face Help me finish my stash!

I currently have a 2yr old in cloth and a noob on the way (and so he is not left out I have a 6yr old too ). I am having trouble adding to my stash for DD2 I just don't know which route I want to go with her. Plus I have never CD a noob so that makes this even harder, lol. HELP!

My current stash is as follow:

A dozen flats
6 Sunbabies (size 1)
4 BG 4.0s
4 Flip cover (6 staydry and 6 organic inserts)
3 GroVia shells (2 inserts i think)
1 Grovia AIO
3 OS FBs
3 econobum covers (6 inserts i think)
1 Size 2 Thirsties cover
1 minky Kawaii
2 Megaroos ETP (regular I think)
2 S covers
A few small fitteds
1 S fleece soaker

I think that is it. What would you add? I thought about just getting a 12pack of Smarti Pants and calling it good but 1) I'm not sure if they will fit baby and 2) I am not sure that is enough. I would like to get things that both DD's can use but I know that may not be possible. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg, LOL. HELP!!!

Nikki NAVYwife to Kevin and mommy to Jacob(6/05) and Gracie (11/09)
Baby Emily June (7/12)

Last edited by nikkilynn; 04-03-2012 at 07:06 PM.
nikkilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Help me finish my stash!

You want a total of at least 24 newborn diapers. Most OS won't fit an newborn for several weeks. You also need between 4 and 6 newborn covers.
So maybe add another dozen flats and newborn covers or if your budget allows maybe another 12 newborn aios.
Nana's Bottoms on Hyena cart has awesome newborn AIOs! I got 12 for less than $100!
Kimberly, Blessed to be Carl's wife!
Mama to 6 sweet blessings!
ServingHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Registered Users
If you are wanting something that will fit both I would go for flats! Can't beat the price. I've been loving small flats on my newbie. I either a) fold in half then overlap the ends into "thirds" and jellyroll and snappi like a prefold or b) padfold - but I fold a couple inches down before I start to adjust the rise.
I don't know of any covers that would fit both well. I'm hoping to order some Nana's Bottoms small covers soon - the small AIOs fit ok as soon as her cord fell off and are inexpensive. They should get us comfortably to OS. I also like the size 1 Duos and have been eying the Capris. Our Flips started fitting around the legs at about 9 lbs, but I can't padfold in them because they are still poofy!
Barbara, wife to Stephen and mommy to Lexi (5/17/08), Camden (12/18/09), and Natalie (1/10/12)
nutkase is offline   Reply With Quote