Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #61
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would work PRN which is as needed by my floor. I go back next Monday full time and am dreading it. I have loved being at home with the baby and being there for my big boys too.

Advertisement

Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #62
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you could quit, would you?

I couldn't get out the door fast enough if the opportunity arose for me to quit. I hate my job and would rather be home with my son.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #63
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No way would I quit. I love my job. I love being a biologist for a landfill and I think I'm good at it. I get to hike in outdoors, survey the wildlife, count the trees, and I feel I'm making a difference. I'm not a particularly good SAHM. DH does a better job cleaning the house than I do. I doubt I'd get the same satisfaction staying at home full time. I love spending time with DD, but I don't have the same reassurance that I'm doing a good job with DD as I do at work. Perhaps I need something in my life that I can be "good" at. It's a pride thing. I'd probably cut back to part time if I didn't need to work.

Besides, I think it's important that DD has a role model for WOHMs. I want her to see that there are lots of options for her when she grows up.

Last edited by Shimpie; 04-04-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #64
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann View Post
I couldn't get out the door fast enough if the opportunity arose for me to quit. I hate my job and would rather be home with my son.
This was me. I was the sole earner when DS was born, so DH stayed home with him. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I endured that madness for 2 years before I had enough and left my job, which forced DH to go out and get a job. DH now makes a little over half of what I used to make working a lot more hours than I did, but he's out there working, which he loves, and I am here with DS, which I love.

I worried that I might not be cut out for SAHM, and some days are harder than others, but overall I have received SO much joy from interacting with DS and watching him grow and learn, and I am just happier. I love organizing our home and everything feels more together.

I DO miss interacting with people, but honestly, my job was more frustrating interaction than fulfilling interaction (anyone who has worked tech support will know exactly what I mean).

I am going to work on getting a degree so that I can go back to work when DS goes to school.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #65
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, never but my kids are 5 and 6.5 so school age.
I would renovate the center I work and and maybe open a new one but I am not sure I would want to deal with all that.
I am a preschool teacher at a child care center that currently have a waiting list so long you have to put your name on it when you are pregnant and even then the chances of getting a spot is very very low. My city needs more quality child care/preschool options and I can do that.
Money is not as important as the difference I can make in so many childrens and their families lives
Old 04-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #66
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In a heartbeat. I would love to be a SAHM and then as my kids got school age, I would volunteer in their classrooms and supervise field trips etc. Unfortunately we need 2 incomes.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #67
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No. I like teaching, and go crazy at home. I would go part time though.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #68
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely not! I am in a field which I love (architecture) and which took me a lot of time and effort to get the credentials. I love what I do and I know, deep down, that I would not be a very good SAHM for various reasons. I know I'm not supermom, but I think I make a better WOHM than SAHM (just my personality, etc). I would, however, immediately find a new employer. I am stuck with my current one for now, bc there's no way anyone else is going to pay me a comparable salary/benefits. Believe me, I've looked.

Now, if I came home with the big fat raise, would DH become a SAHD? Abso-friggin-lutely! We've actually discussed "the number" which would allow him to do so without compromising "the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed" and which he is not willing to give up, lol He would be a great SAH and currently works crappy hours, so his being home all the time, would be the biggest benefit to our family.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #69
agzip03
Registered Users

If we had the resources I would stay home in a heartbeat. DH and I are working towards that. I love my job as a teacher, but hate the fact that I'm raising everyone else's kids all day and not my own. It's so hard only seeing them for a few hours a day.
agzip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #70
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In a heartbeat. I would then work on some of my WAHM ideas, or start developing a plan for the store I want to open.