Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
psylion
Registered Users
seller

how early can you get on phenergan?

I'm only 12 dpo but I have been vomiting since 7dpo. I tested positive at 9 dpo. I cant smell food cooking or poop without throwing up. I think this might be like with DD where I threw up 10+ per day right up until delivery. The phenergan helped some last time. I'm not even sure who to ask as I haven't been referred to OB yet, I'm still with the RE.

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: how early can you get on phenergan?

I'm allergic to phenergan, so i can't give a specific on that, but I know it is safe during the first trimester, as well as zofran. So, I assume you should be good to go. Perhaps go to your regular doc and ask for a RX, that's who gave me my first perscription of zofran because I told him about Hypermemesis, and weekly IVs with my second.

Also unisom is safe in your first trimester as well as B6- both help with morning sickness. This pregnancy is nothing like my second, but I'm still pretty sick (lost 21lbs so far and I'm 16 weeks) and the nights I take unisom I don't feel quite as sick when I wake up which gives time for the zofran to kick in if I need that too.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Ask your RE about it. But, I will tell you, having had 6 IVF cycles (5 frozen) and being on my 4th pregnancy (really, 5th), you can go to your OB whenever you want after your positive even if you haven't officially been "released." Just tell your OB it is an IUI cycle (I think I'm remembering correctly) and you are still working with your RE. You don't even need to mention it to the RE.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

I started taking Phenergan and Zofran around 8 weeks.

I didn't try Unisom for morning sickness, but I know people who said it worked for them.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was up on zoftan at 11 dpi with my last. I had hg with my first 2 pregnancies and started throwing up pretty much immediately with my 3rd.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I started the phenergan and it is helping quite a bit. Seems to be helping my cough too, bonus!