Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
serenas_song
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
EBF poop varying a lot...

So my nearly 5 month old, EBF LO's poops have really been varying a lot lately. They range from a dark brown, very smooth consistency to a runny yellow to some greenish brownish mucousy stuff that can be quite foamy, sometimes slighty flecked with a tiny bit of blood. (we EC so I get a good look at the stuff as it comes out ) Is this normal to have such a variance of poop? She's generally a very happy girl. thanks!

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: EBF poop varying a lot...

The blood especially does not sound good. Mucus isn't good either. Some variation is ok, but flecks of blood and mucus are not signs of health, KWIM?

Are you on an elimination diet of any kind?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Katie Mae
Registered Users
seller

I wish there was somewhere you could find good information about what EBF poop looks like NOT in a diaper, lol. Because it does look different and I think you are more in tune to every variance in it.

I agree that blood isn't good though. We had that issue. I cut out dairy and it cleared up for us (but it took at good three weeks for me to notice a real difference). I have heard others have to cut out other things too. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I would start a food diary. Blood and mucous mean baby is allergic to something, which would account for the changes.
theonenonlymrssmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
serenas_song
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for your input. We went to the doctor yesterday, and I'm collecting poops today to get tested. Doctor thinks it is probably a dairy related thing, so I'll be going off that for 2 weeks. (sad...I love dairy!)