Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
UTI-only noticed after s e x..

So the last few weeks after we have our "intimate" time I notice peeing and cleaning up "down there" burns like a mother, but never any other time. Anyone else feel like? I've never felt it before in other pregnancies. Once with Asher I did, and started feeling weird, and so I was taken to the hospital and I was dehydrated and contracting, but I am not now. Usually the burning will last a few minutes, also I have the never ending need to pee while its going on..

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: UTI-only noticed after s e x..

could also be a yeast infection - I never know when I have one (have had them with each pregnancy) until DH starts complaining he feels itchy, burning during sex, and burning during urination/clean up after sex for the both of us.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:

hmmm I will have to ask him. I wonder if that's the culprit.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

could just be b/c the area has more blood circulating and is more sensitive and possibly swollen...so friction can cause tiny little tears and those sting,...or it could be a UTI...
Old 04-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds more like yeast to me. You'll be much more susceptible to yeast infections while pregnant too. If it's a one time thing, a good round of monistat or canesten will do the trick. If it's more chronic, then you'll need to look at changing your diet - cut the white flour and sugar, and bump up the probiotics.
Hope that helps!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally agree with Crunch and ask your DH if he has irritation after. For some reason dtd seems to flare it up for me too. Also could be your lubrication? I'm thinking more likely yeast but lubrication has done it to me too.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I went in to the doctor (well, L&D because I had some other things going on) and I was 100% CERTAIN I had a UTI. I flat out told them I HAD one.
Nope; Bacterial vaginosis.
No odor or other symptoms were present to have led me to suspect that, but since being pregnant I'm super sensitive down there. Apparently my pregnant vagina isn't as text-book as my normal one.
It doesn't hurt to go in for a vaginal swab and urine test. :-) They'll getcha sorted out.

Good luck!

ETA: my main symptom was that never-ending I-need-to-pee sensation. You just never know exactly what's going on down there when you have a pregnancy throwing things out of whack.

Last edited by KatrinaLoves; 04-05-2012 at 11:02 PM.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves View Post
I went in to the doctor (well, L&D because I had some other things going on) and I was 100% CERTAIN I had a UTI. I flat out told them I HAD one.
Nope; Bacterial vaginosis.
No odor or other symptoms were present to have led me to suspect that, but since being pregnant I'm super sensitive down there. Apparently my pregnant vagina isn't as text-book as my normal one.
It doesn't hurt to go in for a vaginal swab and urine test. :-) They'll getcha sorted out.

Good luck!

ETA: my main symptom was that never-ending I-need-to-pee sensation. You just never know exactly what's going on down there when you have a pregnancy throwing things out of whack.
Exactly this! Had this with my first pregnancy! Just go see your doc!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:

hmmmm I didn't mention it yesterday at my appt..*smacks head* but I will at my next one(2 weeks away). I only notice it though when we have s e x. Makes me just not want too.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
hmmmm I didn't mention it yesterday at my appt..*smacks head* but I will at my next one(2 weeks away). I only notice it though when we have s e x. Makes me just not want too.
UTI and bladder issues are one of the top 3 reasons why women go into labor. The other 2 being dehydration and baby is ready to be born. Personally I don't like going in to the doctor but would in this case as it is a common occurence to go into early labor due to bladder issues I would get tested jic.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote