Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
BooneNicuMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pregnant mama just needs hugs. ....

That's all this is, and I know it's pathetic, but I am really wishing right now my hubby was home to snuggle and reassure. Or my sister... or mother... or even my grandmother or bestie.

I am pregnant with my third/last kiddo. It will be the last of six siblings, and I am very high risk, as I went into spontaneous labor with both prior pregnancies, delivering at 25 weeks and 31 weeks respectively. I had those two within ten months of each other. I had the youngest one 18 months ago. There is extensive scar tissue, and we were warned the possibilities of keeping baby due to scar tissue is iffy. It is scary. This was the first reason I wanted hugs.

Then there is just the fact I'm emotional...

Then my darling 6 year old wants a story.

Bedtime stories with a sleepy 6 year old asking all sorts of curious questions about the impending baby. She also picked the story book 'the new baby' . Someone is definitely all ears about all of this. It's rather startling when my 11 year old looks at my 6 year old and answers ' Mama got a baby cause she had sex with daddy' ..... This is the limit of her knowledge, and she doesn't see it as something wrong, but telling the 6 year old about sex seems scary to me. I didn't scold, because this is the truth, and she didn't ask any questions about how the baby 'got in there' after this. Then there were the questions about how the baby gets out. I had easy answers for this one, since we had it with the last two, too. The 11 year old had to point out that ' If we have a baby it might be our 'who' or our bellies' ..... I love the fact they know the truth, but sometimes I worry if giving them this knowledge is good or bad. I guess for the younger ones they don't think a thing of it, and the older one is just that. Older. She's 11, going on 12. She's growing up.

And as I realize she's all growing up on me, and that my 6 year old will likely ask her mother about sex now and we'll hear all about it, I have to wonder if we messed up somewhere, or if we're doing the right thing teaching our kids the facts. I really plan to teach my own the facts. Of course, appropriate for the age, but still. I don't want to have confusion or mistrust in such an important category, but.... I dunno, their mother is insane. She's told the 11 year old she likely won't start her period until she's 17+ . The school nurse and I have done everything we can to tell her this is not normal and she will likely be younger. I even pointed out it might be soon, since she's complained of cramps and her mood swings have followed a 20-30 day trend. ( I was ten.) She is all insistent that this is impossible. I do not want my children this confused....

I just...

I need a hug.

Advertisement

Abby (11) Hailey (9) Katlyn (6) Savanna (2) Grace (1) Angel baby May 2011, and Angel Baby Dec 25th 2011. & ANNABELLE Oct. 17th 2012!!!
BooneNicuMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Pregnant mama just needs hugs. ....

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Aw mama. Being alone during pregnancy is tough. Being a pregnant mum and alone is even tougher. Vent away and remember that age-old adage - this too shall pass.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
BooneNicuMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Aw mama. Being alone during pregnancy is tough. Being a pregnant mum and alone is even tougher. Vent away and remember that age-old adage - this too shall pass.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Thank you mama! This morning seems to be looking better.

Hubby spent the small collection of 2 hours he had with me this morning before he had to leave for work. I hate these long days, but I am grateful he is not gone more long term. ( He is a former Navy Seal, so yeah )

Thanks everyone for the hugs and understanding, sometimes mama needs a shoulder to lean on. It's tough taking care of 5 kiddos while pregnant and extremely limited on what my doctor will allow me to do.

Abby (11) Hailey (9) Katlyn (6) Savanna (2) Grace (1) Angel baby May 2011, and Angel Baby Dec 25th 2011. & ANNABELLE Oct. 17th 2012!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
Jatango
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hey, I know I've messaged you, but if you can slip away from the kiddos for a bit, or heck, even bring them, I would totally do coffee with you. Being alone during pregnancy is no fun, and my DH is a former army paratrooper. We could compare notes. <3 Message me any time!

Sent from my iPhone, auto-correct be darned!

Jatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
BooneNicuMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatango View Post
Hey, I know I've messaged you, but if you can slip away from the kiddos for a bit, or heck, even bring them, I would totally do coffee with you. Being alone during pregnancy is no fun, and my DH is a former army paratrooper. We could compare notes. <3 Message me any time!

Sent from my iPhone, auto-correct be darned!
<3 I met hubby after he got out ( just got out, to be exact) <3 I knew I personally couldn't handle being alone for long long amounts of time, so we likely wouldn't have gotten together if he had still been in. But I always have the 2 and 1 year old. But getting together sometime would be awesome. I'd love to meet other moms for a change! Being stay at home just cuts that social circle.