Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #41
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: The Big Mamas April Weight Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmama2 View Post
Luckily DH will be taking a lot of it to work with him this week so I should be alright but we'll see. I figure if I get it all out today I will have made myself sick enough of sugar that i just won't want it anymore. That's my goal
That never works for me. It takes such an insane amount of sugar to make me sick. However, it's really only chocooate I have no self control with, so as long as the kids only have other candy, I'm okay. Oh, and banana Laffy Taffy.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #42
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
That never works for me. It takes such an insane amount of sugar to make me sick. However, it's really only chocooate I have no self control with, so as long as the kids only have other candy, I'm okay. Oh, and banana Laffy Taffy.
For me it's things like sour jelly beans, pixy stix, sour gummy bunnies. I can't help myself. Chocolate doesn't get to me like the fruity stuff. Granted I really like fresh fruit and would rather eat that but the Easter bunny didn't bring me a grapefruit and a pomagranite
Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #43
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Easter didn't go so well here either, but it could have been lots worse.
Nichole- Call your homeowner's insurance. They may not cover it all but it could help. We found mold in our basement last year caused by a plumbing leak. They wouldn't cover the plumbing or the mold damage, but they did pay us to replace all the flooring that was damaged. It's worth a try!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #44
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy
Oh wow, Nicole! Did they inspect the house before you purchased it? Any chance the mold has been there since before you bought it? You could get someone in trouble... That's insane you have to deal with that.
We had it inspected but idk how they could've known it was there bc it was under the floor and in the ceiling. The only way we knew it was there was bc of the leak yesterday. We had to open everything up to find all the damage. Plus I'm not sure it was even there when we moved in? The only thing I do know is that this is all so stressful, ha. And now I'm pretty sure it's under the carpet in our bedroom too which means we have to rip that up as well. I've been wanting new bedroom carpeting so I guess there's a positive in all this madness LOL

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #45
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Easter didn't go so well here either, but it could have been lots worse.
Nichole- Call your homeowner's insurance. They may not cover it all but it could help. We found mold in our basement last year caused by a plumbing leak. They wouldn't cover the plumbing or the mold damage, but they did pay us to replace all the flooring that was damaged. It's worth a try!
Yeah I wanna call them but dh is being a pita and doesn't want our premium to go up so he's not even gonna bother calling right now he says. He says if it's gonna cost upwards of like 8000+ then he'll call. Ugh, whatever. He's being more difficult than the problem itself lol

Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #46
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
Formerly: heyfire
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did ok on Easter but could have not ate the birthday cake......errrrrrr. it wasn't even that good.
Tonight is my WW meeting hopefully I will be down some.

10% off for a limited time. http://www.lenabrowndesings.com for all your knitting and crochet needle cases
EmmieSuesbabyboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #47
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmommyx2 View Post
We had it inspected but idk how they could've known it was there bc it was under the floor and in the ceiling. The only way we knew it was there was bc of the leak yesterday. We had to open everything up to find all the damage. Plus I'm not sure it was even there when we moved in? The only thing I do know is that this is all so stressful, ha. And now I'm pretty sure it's under the carpet in our bedroom too which means we have to rip that up as well. I've been wanting new bedroom carpeting so I guess there's a positive in all this madness LOL

Idk how they know that kind of stuff. I remember back a few years ago when we were considering buying a house, when we had it inspected they found mold behind the trim in the bathroom (and it turns out in the entire wall), but I guess if it hadn't been under the trim, or they hadn't noticed behind the loose trim, they probably wouldn't have known. I always thought maybe they tested the air or something for spores, but I might be overestimating their abilities. lol
Old 04-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #48
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmommyx2 View Post
Yeah I wanna call them but dh is being a pita and doesn't want our premium to go up so he's not even gonna bother calling right now he says. He says if it's gonna cost upwards of like 8000+ then he'll call. Ugh, whatever. He's being more difficult than the problem itself lol

Our premium didn't go up at all. It's not like an accident you caused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieSuesbabyboutique View Post
I did ok on Easter but could have not ate the birthday cake......errrrrrr. it wasn't even that good.
Tonight is my WW meeting hopefully I will be down some.
I HATE when I eat something because it looks so good and then sit there and think, dang, that wasn't even worth it!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #49
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

Did pretty good for Easter. It's those little mini eggs that does it for me. I really wish someone would eat them and get them out of the house.

Weigh in was yesterday and I'm down 3.4 pounds in a week!!!!! Next week I expect not so good results. I haven't been exercising at all this week or last week either. One day last week my X pulled a good one and I was on the elliptical for 30 minutes. That's been it, though. With the kids being home, I just haven't found the time.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #50
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
Formerly: heyfire
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yippy yeah!!!! I lost 1.5lb and made my 5% loss!
I am now down to 226!

10% off for a limited time. http://www.lenabrowndesings.com for all your knitting and crochet needle cases
EmmieSuesbabyboutique is offline   Reply With Quote