Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
My Mood:
Re: Brown spotting first trimester

Yes, with all of mine! I actually did miscarry once (blighted ovum), between my second and third, and I had no spotting that time-- go figure.

With this one I had small episodes of brown, pink, and one time even a tiny amount of red spotting occasionally when I wiped from 5-14 weeks. I did notice that it seemed to happen most often after I had a BM. At my 7 week ultrasound, after I had had about 3 spotting episodes, the tech couldn't see any blood behind/around the placenta, so it was probably all coming from my cervix.

Some women just have a friable cervix, so after straining, DTD, exercise, etc. we just spot a little and it has nothing to do with the baby. My spotting with all 4 ended by the second trimester, so hopefully yours does too. Even though I KNEW it was normal for me, I was still a nervous wreck every time I wiped. I hope yours ends soon too.

Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote