Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #11
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkekaty
Can you find a different OB? I love mine and they are welcoming of everyone!
I haven't even met the ob yet. But she specifically wants me to be seen at the UW.

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #12
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: I'm so glad I'm only going to the ob once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
I would watch what you say there. I have known of OB's calling CPS because of women not getting prenatal care and you are 29 weeks along. That and the fact you thought they were judgey about single and state aid.
that's absolutely absurd. There are MANY women who UC and do their own prenatal care. That really pisses me off.

I went to an OB this time at well over 20-something weeks and he asked who I had been seeing before and I said that I called a few MWs and met one, but hadn't gotten care and he was just like, "oh so you have been taking care of yourself". he knows the ONLY reason I even came to see him at all is bc medicaid won't cover my homebirth. He even said I could just come once a month...I haven't had time to go back, so I am thinking I will basically go a total of 3 times. Maybe next week at 32 weeks, then at 36 wks (to get the strep test so they don't hold us after) and then I usually go in labor at 38 wks.

Sorry you experienced that, OP! As I stated above, the OB I am seeing is pretty much a MW with an MD behind his name (he is the OB all the homebirth mamas go to when they can't homebirth). But I much prefer midwives. Like a million percent!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
mari4574
Registered Users
Formerly: a**sa74
seller

My Mood:

You never know what can happen. I had a friend who had a child die from improper medical care during childbirth. Just think of it as a safety net and don't take things so personally...even though I just delivered and I know that it is easy to get offended with all the hormones. Hang in there. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #14
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4574
You never know what can happen. I had a friend who had a child die from improper medical care during childbirth. Just think of it as a safety net and don't take things so personally...even though I just delivered and I know that it is easy to get offended with all the hormones. Hang in there. Good luck.
So my midwife isn't a trained professional who is capable of delivering a baby the ONLY reason I'm going to be in the system. That's it.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607

Well they can call cps. I have been getting prenatal care. I just refused to tell them who I've been seeing.

Coming back to edit...I wasn't trying to be snarky. Just saying since I have been getting care I have nothing to worth about.
Yeah I know you are getting care I just know sometimes if you don't tell them they will report you as someone not getting care (even if you are). It is absurd and I don't think it is the governments business but not everyone thinks like us crunchy moms.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
mari4574
Registered Users
Formerly: a**sa74
seller

My Mood:

A midwife is absolutely trained and capable of delivering a child but does not have the medical training needed in the case of anything outside of the realm of a healthy delivery. I am pro midwife. I am just giving an example of a health emergency that may occur. Good luck Mama...I am sure you are prepared and doing what is best for you.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
borncrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

The notes in My medical records from my first birth (I got them when I transferred to a HB midwife for my 3rd) say, "20 something (I was 20) single (I was married) female suspects she is pregnant (had already been confirmed by dhec, which is required before you can apply for Medicaid) and is here with a man I assume to be the baby's father (my HUSBAND!). She has poor detal hygiene (I had a calcium deficiency as a child that eventually caused me to lose most of my teeth. I have partial dentures now, but at the time I still had all of my teeth, they just weren't too pretty) and probably a poor diet. I was so incredibly offended when I read that! And it was YEARS after my 1st son was born . I actually went into detail about my calcium deficiency and dental issue with her because I wanted to know if I should be taking additional calcium supps and I needed clearance to continue seeing a dentist as we were slowly trying to fix my teeth. I was so horrified

OP, I'm so sorry she was so rude! People really need to remember that when they ASSUME, they make an @$$ out of U and ME!

Last edited by borncrunchy; 04-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.
borncrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote