Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #21
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly Chat: April 9

That's pretty, Christina! I love it!

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #22
MrsD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm enjoying my time visiting my parents. Mom is on spring break this week & my college sis is on her way home for a few days right now. Just enjoying the next 2 weeks. DH managed to put our crib together, now all we need is a mattress for it!

We had decided on Alexander Robert for LO's name. We plan on calling him Xander because I despise the nickname Alex. In an effort to stop people calling him "Alex" I was this of changing the spelling of his first name. Would it be silly to spell it Alekxander? That way it will be shortened to Alek, not Alex. And yes, I realize that we could just name him Xander, but I only like it as a nickname not a full name

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
SAHM to Xander (8/1/12) & expecting #2 in February!
MrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #23
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Allie, congrats on 1 healthy baby in there!

Mo, glad to hear you are feeling great. I seem to have the never ending tiredness this time around. And the pain in my 'lady parts' is pretty intense.

Christina, I love the name choice! My mom's name is Kathleen and I've always loved it Emereson is a beautiful name to pair it with.

I was wondering about the red raspberry leaf tea too. I was going to head out to Whole Foods later this week to see if they had any. Anyone know if they do?

My mom and MIL are both on spring break this week so our week is full of grandma activities. My MIL wants to go shopping today so we are off to the outlets. I'm hoping to find some good deals for baby and DS
Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #24
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD
I'm enjoying my time visiting my parents. Mom is on spring break this week & my college sis is on her way home for a few days right now. Just enjoying the next 2 weeks. DH managed to put our crib together, now all we need is a mattress for it!

We had decided on Alexander Robert for LO's name. We plan on calling him Xander because I despise the nickname Alex. In an effort to stop people calling him "Alex" I was this of changing the spelling of his first name. Would it be silly to spell it Alekxander? That way it will be shortened to Alek, not Alex. And yes, I realize that we could just name him Xander, but I only like it as a nickname not a full name

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
My friend has an Alexander and they call him Xander... I think if you start the nickname others will pick it up no matter what the spelling. We have an Angelina and her nickname is Lina, so she gets called that or Alina (instead of, say, Angie, which everyone assumed would be her nickname).
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #25
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YEAH!!!! I am half way done!!!! going to the doc's this morning to see if I gained anything!! probly nothing! I will check back later.
luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #26
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well in the speak of names..... we may have one.....

Zachary James Haley

I am not sure I am in love.... but I did order his diaper bag personalized at CHallmeyer's Thirty-One party!! LOL! I figure if we find something we love better then I can probably sell a "Zachary" bag fairly easily on Ebay or here...... I hope! I got it free at her party with free personalization because she booked off my show. so I had to do it right?!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm View Post
Speaking of, do you think 2 cups of strong black tea is too much per day? I was trying for 1 but am starting to need my afternoon cup.
I think this is a personal choice. More than 200 mg of caffeine EVERY DAY during pregnancy has been shown to have ill effects. You should be able to look up how much 2 strong cups of black tea has. What about making the afternoon cup a bit weaker? I am drinking 2 quite weak cups of coffee every day, then switching to herbal tea for the rest of the day. (Ugh, the other day I had a cup of regular coffee and it made me feel awful, so I felt good that mine at home must be reeeeally weak!!!)

Yellow and grey is gorgeous. My df just used those colors for her December baby.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea- they will have it at whole foods, several brands. I bought a pound of it bulk online and mix it with other things- cinnamon, rose hips, etc. I sometimes drink Traditional Medicinals... for teabags it is the best brand, though Yogi Teas makes one too that is good and a little cheaper. I've been drinking it my whole pregnancy. COVER THE TEA WHILE IT STEEPS, AND STEEP IT AT LEAST 10 MINUTES, EVEN LONGER IS BETTER. Covering keeps the volatile oils from evaporating away, and those oils are part of what makes it so effective.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #28
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=jakeysmama;14925833]
Mo, glad to hear you are feeling great. I seem to have the never ending tiredness this time around. And the pain in my 'lady parts' is pretty intense.
QUOTE]

I get this, too. I lay down and do Kegels, or get into child's pose or downward-facing dog pose (yoga) for a minute or 2. Kegels really help with this for me.

I am a little tired but I KNOW it is from Easter candy. I never get that awful dragginess unless I eat sugar.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #29
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm glad everyone is feeling good today!

Allie I love the pictures!!!

Martha I happen to think that Zachary is a very handsome name!!!

Emily have you heard about the house yet??

Jut got home from playgroup and we are having fun with bubbles at home. I have a drs apt today. Just my regular check up. I feel like I have one every week lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #30
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82
I'm glad everyone is feeling good today!

Allie I love the pictures!!!

Martha I happen to think that Zachary is a very handsome name!!!

Emily have you heard about the house yet??

Jut got home from playgroup and we are having fun with bubbles at home. I have a drs apt today. Just my regular check up. I feel like I have one every week lol.
I should hear tomorrow whether or not the owner will be able to keep his house or if our offer will go to the bank.
I had an appointment today too! It went great!! I cant believe in 6 wks i start to go weekly. Thats when you know youre in the home stretch!
The time is flying now that im feeling better! Most days i dont even feel pregnant.
Hope everyone else continues to feel great and those who arent hopefully soon you will