Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #21
dylansmommy33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone NOT liking their bge's?

The problem with selling is i think i may have paid too much for them? Between 17-20 so i woyld need to sell for 18-19 in order not to lose too much. Not to mention i will be eating up the high shipping cost to ship from Canada I posted 12 of them but at that price i'm not sure they will sell

Advertisement

All transactions are to Canada
dylansmommy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I honestly wish that I didn't like them, I am so bored with BG products. They work really, really well for my 8mo though so they are the majority of our stash because they keep his bum happy and are really "easy" diapers. We have 20 of them and then just ordered 8 Grovia OS AIOs to finish the stash for something different. I really hate the newest BG colors (for boys at least) and I am SO sick of the old colors, I've been CDing with those stupid colors for years now. I mean they are nice colors, they are just boring in the CD world. I will say that when BGEs first came out I tried them on my now 4yo and I hated them. They fit my newest baby like a glove though, so every baby is different.

I feel really blah about them...but they are a total workhorse for us. They fit nicely, are nicely absorbant and wash really well. I can't complain I guess. I just wish I had a more exciting diaper stash for my "last" baby.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #23
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I honestly HATED BGEs The fit was awful, they left red marks, and they always smelled like barn yard even though all my other dipes were ok. They were absorbent, but that's really the only positive to them.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I love em here. They didn't fit my babe for at first but now they are awesome for us. Trim. NEVER had a leak. YES they take longer to dry, but I don't mind since I have enough files in rotation that I have the time to let em dry. But every babe is different. I do agree that I get bored with the colors I have. Is love a few in the new prints. But I won't spend whatever it is ($25?) For them when I don't need em.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #25
g-offsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Glad to read this thread, I was actually considering posting the same question, except I've never actually tried them!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #26
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had some a long time ago and didn't care for them. I didn't like the fit on my toddler, they took FOREVER to dry, they stained too easily, and they left him red if he was in them too long. I also don't like how you can't get them in aplix anymore. I keep thinking I should try them again (different child, so maybe I would like them on him?), but then I remember how long they took to dry and how I can't get aplix and I change my mind....
mommacissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #27
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
I honestly wish that I didn't like them, I am so bored with BG products. They work really, really well for my 8mo though so they are the majority of our stash because they keep his bum happy and are really "easy" diapers. We have 20 of them and then just ordered 8 Grovia OS AIOs to finish the stash for something different. I really hate the newest BG colors (for boys at least) and I am SO sick of the old colors, I've been CDing with those stupid colors for years now. I mean they are nice colors, they are just boring in the CD world. I will say that when BGEs first came out I tried them on my now 4yo and I hated them. They fit my newest baby like a glove though, so every baby is different.

I feel really blah about them...but they are a total workhorse for us. They fit nicely, are nicely absorbant and wash really well. I can't complain I guess. I just wish I had a more exciting diaper stash for my "last" baby.
This is me Kinda boring but they fit dd perfect, never leave red marks, never leak! Infact last night she fell asleep in one and made it all the way thru the night. So they may be boring but I am all about what works!!!
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #28
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I loved them for a long time in my son then they started fitting weird so I sold some and saved some for our future babe. Now my daughter is here 3 weeks now around 9 lbs and I am totally in love with the fit and absorbency on her. I detached the front on some a well and tried them on my 35 lb 2year old and they actually fit him pretty good too. I wish I would have kept them all now. Plus my dd seems to do way better in natural fabric.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #29
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalibratx4 View Post
This is me Kinda boring but they fit dd perfect, never leave red marks, never leak! Infact last night she fell asleep in one and made it all the way thru the night. So they may be boring but I am all about what works!!!
We use them at night every single night - he's been in them 100% for a few months. Most of the time he's fine in them all night long, but we've started adding in a Grovia organic cotton doubler just to be safe. I think we've had maybe 1 leak ever in them and that was an overnight diaper that was barely damp around the legs in the am. This is the kid that leaks out of disposables at night. I have absolutely zero complaints about their function or fit...I just wish they were more exciting. I'd love more boyish colors and some awesome prints.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote