Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Methods to have a girl :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
A little disclaimer because I've posted this on DS before and had people bite my head off SO no one get upset or flame, I am just trying to inject a little humour....

Our fool proof "girl" trick is to concieve while camping. Boys are only concieved at home in the fall and girls are only concieved in camping trailers in the summer. It has been 100% fool proof for us FIVE times!

Your results may vary
Hmm...I may have to talk my hubby into a camping trip when we're ready to think about number 7...

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my5sons View Post
Hmm...I may have to talk my hubby into a camping trip when we're ready to think about number 7...
My grandma had six sons. #7 seven didn't work out for them, but my grandma still swears that it was a girl.

My sister has three boys and she really wants to do the sperm spinning thing. But there aren't many places that do it. She has "tried" to have a girl the last two times.

Statistically once you have had three boys your percentages are higher than 50% for having another boy on the 4th, and higher for the next. But the same does not apply to three girls in a row. Kinda strange.

GL girl getting mamas!!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
A little disclaimer because I've posted this on DS before and had people bite my head off SO no one get upset or flame, I am just trying to inject a little humour....

Our fool proof "girl" trick is to concieve while camping. Boys are only concieved at home in the fall and girls are only concieved in camping trailers in the summer. It has been 100% fool proof for us FIVE times!

Your results may vary

hmm we were thinking about camping this year...Now I might be a little more motivated!

And I cant see at all how that is offensive in anyway...some people just want to be offended

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
princesslilahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

shettles worked great for us! When trying for this one I didn't do the 3 day cut off because we were getting desperate to conceive but we were so "active" that it lowered dh's sperm count I think and gave us a girl even though we dtd close to ovulation.
princesslilahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #15
JSWRabbitry
Registered Users

My Mood:

Definitely gotta plan a camping trip, hehe.
TTCing #3, hoping to CD for the first time and so very excited about it!
We are a Christian, Homeschooling, EBFing, Babywearing, Family living by God's grace in the hills of Tennessee!
JSWRabbitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
My grandma had six sons. #7 seven didn't work out for them, but my grandma still swears that it was a girl.

My sister has three boys and she really wants to do the sperm spinning thing. But there aren't many places that do it. She has "tried" to have a girl the last two times.

Statistically once you have had three boys your percentages are higher than 50% for having another boy on the 4th, and higher for the next. But the same does not apply to three girls in a row
. Kinda strange.

GL girl getting mamas!!
I don't understand this, I mean, I have heard it, I just don't get it bc I heard every time it's 50% no matter what. And it always depends on the guy...I have 4 boys by XH, 1 boy by DH and am pregnant now.....I think I have too much testosterone in my system so I create a hostile environment for any girly sperm . I think I tried the positions and some of the stuff for fun a few times, but it ultimately didn't matter to me. This time, DH wanted to try for a girl and I just wasn't getting pregnant at all, so we just started DTD all the time, with no thoughts to making a girl or boy specifically.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
I don't understand this, I mean, I have heard it, I just don't get it bc I heard every time it's 50% no matter what. And it always depends on the guy...I have 4 boys by XH, 1 boy by DH and am pregnant now.....I think I have too much testosterone in my system so I create a hostile environment for any girly sperm . I think I tried the positions and some of the stuff for fun a few times, but it ultimately didn't matter to me. This time, DH wanted to try for a girl and I just wasn't getting pregnant at all, so we just started DTD all the time, with no thoughts to making a girl or boy specifically.
Yeah I will only be able to try anything with timing a couple months and then we will just start DTD all the time too. And I havent been charting along with PCOS so I doubt I am going to be able to pin down my O date.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well what worked for us was using the chinese gender chart. This one specifically: http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/pred.html

We waited until we had a nice long chunk of time that was girl and we are due for a girl any time soon here. With DS it was correct too.

I was sort of doing the girl diet too. I was off coffee around the time we conceived too because the coffee pot broke and needed to be replaced. Chocolate wasn't a big want for me either around that time (a bit unusual).
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
Well what worked for us was using the chinese gender chart. This one specifically: http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/pred.html

We waited until we had a nice long chunk of time that was girl and we are due for a girl any time soon here. With DS it was correct too.

I was sort of doing the girl diet too. I was off coffee around the time we conceived too because the coffee pot broke and needed to be replaced. Chocolate wasn't a big want for me either around that time (a bit unusual).
hmm I guess most of the summer should be good! It had me having a girl almost every date I picked.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF0608 View Post
Lol dh said that missionary position produces girls and girl on top makes boys (yeah not sure how he came up with that). But we do have a 2 year old dd and another girl due in July and both times were missionary. (Tmi alert! Lol). So maybe there's some truth to what dh said?
I have 3 girls and I'm almost always on top so that theory is WRONG! lol