Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
sprout47
Registered Users
seller

Why are nighttime trainers needed?

I'm new to this whole potty training thing, but can't we just keep using our Fuzzibunz at night time?

Advertisement

sprout47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sure, you can keep using your diapers. I think a lot of mamas get trainers so their LOs can pull them up and down themselves if they need to go in the night. Especially if their kids are daytime potty trained, since they may resist wearing diapers at all or be too big for them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why are nighttime trainers needed?

you can but if your child is older and too big for FB or other diapers and needs something that pulls upp and down easily for nighttime trips to the potty then you may want something else. my girls are 4 and 5.5 and while diapers may still fit(they are 35 and 37lbs) they dont want to wear diapers. they are perfectly content with their nighttime pullups i make them and they pull up and down easier than diaper did and hold a lot more without being bulky and look like undies
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
babymamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386
you can but if your child is older and too big for FB or other diapers and needs something that pulls upp and down easily for nighttime trips to the potty then you may want something else. my girls are 4 and 5.5 and while diapers may still fit(they are 35 and 37lbs) they dont want to wear diapers. they are perfectly content with their nighttime pullups i make them and they pull up and down easier than diaper did and hold a lot more without being bulky and look like undies
What type of trainers do you make? Looking for trim one with good absorbency for my 3yo DS.
babymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
sprout47
Registered Users
seller

Woah, it never even occurred to me that my DD would be able to wake up in the night to use the potty. I was just going to be happy if she started using the toilet during the day! I guess I should raise my expectations.

At this point, she's only 24lbs, so the diapers would fit her a very long time. Once she's a little older, night time trainers seem to make sense though.
sprout47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymamma View Post
What type of trainers do you make? Looking for trim one with good absorbency for my 3yo DS.
these are mine. the regular absorbency holds at least one accident. the overnight holds several. the trimmest option is the dribble drawers♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout47 View Post
Woah, it never even occurred to me that my DD would be able to wake up in the night to use the potty. I was just going to be happy if she started using the toilet during the day! I guess I should raise my expectations.

At this point, she's only 24lbs, so the diapers would fit her a very long time. Once she's a little older, night time trainers seem to make sense though.
ds is 22lbs and 23 months and does pretty well at using the potty. but he still wears diapers most nights. sometimes a nighttime pullup trainer but only if he picks it lol. he doesnt actually wake up to potty until morning and is wet 1/2 the time.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
babymamma
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I'll take a look at those!
babymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #8
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup....my DS is 2.5 and TOTALLY daytime potty trained (wears those little cartoon "tighty whities"...lol!) He would be quite insulted if I put a diaper on him at night. He wears his "night time undies" to bed, just in case. Most nights if he has to go, he does get up and take care of it himself (then wakes me to tuck him back in.) But, there is the occasional night that he sleeps through it, and wets the trainer.
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
VitaW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter was a very heavy sleeper and didn't start getting up at night until she was 7. This is totally normal and some kids are like this but most 7 year olds don't fit in diapers. My two year old is totally day trained and sometimes gets up at night. It's a pain to deal with diapers on a sleeping toddler so being able to help him pull them up and down in his sleep is way better than trying to get a diaper back on in the dark.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's pretty common for kids to still need something at night even well after being day trained. My DS was trained at about 2.5 but was still wetting at night up until 4.5. The very last thing DH wanted to do was put a diaper on a huge (seriously he is the size of an 8 year old) preschooler every night LOL. Not fun. With the trainer we could drag him out of bed, pull them up and down easily and put him back to bed quickly. Eventually he could do it himself. We used a variety but we had some Dribble Drawers that worked well and we all preferred them since they were most like undies.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote