Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Filling breakfasts I can eat in the office?

Squeezing breakfast into my busy morning isn't working. I need something I can keep at the office and eat once I get here. I can multitask and eat breakfast while I work. Any suggestions? I have access to a microwave and fridge.

Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Re: Filling breakfasts I can eat in the office?

Baked oatmeal
egg and cheese burrito
homemade (or otherwise) waffle, pancake, french toast.

I realize these aren't desk drawer friendly, but I make a batch, freeze individually, put in the fridge w/ my lunch the night before and heat up at the office.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Nandis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Granola- I make big batches (fills a gallon size jar) and some of my kid's eat it with milk like cereal. Others eat it with yogurt like a parfait. We also use it as an ice cream, muffin, scone, and crisp topper (like apple crisp- only we use whatever fruit we happen to have).

I love the family homestead website. Crystal Miller has 1 more kid than I do and a lot of her recipes are or can be scaled to the porportions that my family needs. She has a recipe for bulk homemade instant oatmeal here and one for breakfast sandwiches for the freezer here.

Hth
Nandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
babyluvs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh yes! Even my teenage children do this. 2 ways: 1 put uncooked old fashioned rolled oats in a 1/2 -1 pint jar. Add what ever you like - raisins, other dried fruit, sugar -whatever - you can make them up for the week - at work simply add boiling water - let sit for a little while - to your desired texture. My son adds Boiling water when he leaves the YMCA -tosses it into his back pack and eats it a break. We also love to eat the oats w/o cooking - just add your favorite fruits or what ever you want and cold milk! This is my favoriate - I love the texture and nutty lavor of the oats. 2. Put your oats in a container or jar at night and pour applejuice or other juices(OR milk over it before bed and your oats will be ready for you to take to work the next morning. You could do this at work - prepare today for tomorrow's breakfast.
babyluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
Leocaligirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I make a big batch of breakfast sandwiches. Wrap them and the parchment paper and write names on them because everyone in our family likes them different. Then I just pull them out when needed and microwave.
Also pre-portioned baggies of oatmeal with whatever spices & dried fruit are super easy.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

I think making and egg/cheese sandwich on an english muffin (can be microwaved) would be filling. If you are looking for something super quick, could you buy a toaster for your office break room? My favorite breakfast is an english muffin covered in sunbutter with pineapple or strawberries on the side.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cottage cheese and pineapple...yum
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
simplymerry
Registered Users
seller

After trial and error, I finally hit upon take-to-work breakfasts for my DH. Can't link yet, but I make a double batch of muffins (Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins from Joy the Baker) and put them in a big ziploc bag in the fridge - they're good cold or warmed. I also make a double batch of egg muffins (also stored in a big ziploc in the fridge). I'm still experimenting here, but am using the Breakfast Omelet Muffins from SixInTheSuburbsBlog as my base. Either can be eaten cold or zapped in the microwave.

Last edited by simplymerry; 04-25-2012 at 04:53 PM.
simplymerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
Zanne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Does your office have a microwave and toaster? How about an egg sandwich with avocado, cheese, and/or whatever veggies or meat you want to add? I usually cook one egg in bowl the microwave for 45 seconds, or a 90 seconds for two eggs. This is my staple breakfast at the moment while I'm pregnant because it satisfies my protein craving.

Or oatmeal - quick rolled oats with whatever dried fruit you like (my favorites combos are dried cherries and walnuts or dates, cocunut flakes and almonds), and possibly a scoop of peanut butter. I usually do 30 seconds in the microwave with prewarmed water for 1/2 cup.

Our greek yogurt (since it's higher in protein than other types of yogurt) with fresh fruit and/or granola?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Make oatmeal with whatever fruit and freeze in muffin tins, then slip in a freezer bag. Nuke each as you want to eat.

A sleeve of bagels in the fridge w/ cream cheese and fresh fruit

Yogurt cups, fruit

Cottage cheese cups, fruit

Hard boiled eggs

Sandwiches of any sort
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote