Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Going back to work soon

I am going back to work in a few weeks. I will only be working for three weeks then willbe on summer break for two months. My DS will be9 weeks when i go back in a few weeks. I don't want our nursing relationship to be over but he will be taking bottles for about eight hours while I work. Does anyone have any suggestions to keep our nursing relationship strong? Tia

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
poischiche
Registered Users
seller

Re: Going back to work soon

I'm a teacher and had to go back when DS was eight weeks old. We have maintained a very healthy and happy nursing relationship even though he gets bottles during the day Monday through Friday. We haven't had any confusion issues or anything. I would suggest getting one type of bottle that works and stick with just that. Dr browns is our magic. It will make you enjoy your nursing time even more and it wont be long before your break! I'm living for that too! Good luck!
poischiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Miss Bliss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been back at work now for a month. I returned to work when my DD was 12 weeks old. I work 8 hrs a day and she is still exclusively on breastmilk ;-) I just pump at work usually 3x a day to keep my supply going. My hubby does bring her to me 3 days out of the week at lunch time and I nurse her. Then of course when I get home and on weekends she nurses. We have had no issues with her not wanting to nurse or take a bottle. I did start her on a bottle (one feeding a day) about a month before I went back to work. Hope this helps.
Miss Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i went back to work when my ds was 12 weeks old also. i pumped 3 times a day to keep up my supply, and he got bottles. we had no problems returning to the breast in the evenings and weekends.

as an even more extreme example, several times, due to my severe medical issues, i was forced to be away from him for anywhere from a week, to up to 3 weeks at a time. it sucked, but i pumped like a mad woman, and afterwards, he generally went back to the breast, with only minimal encouragment, and we continued on as before. i bf'd him until he was 11 months and my medical issues forced me to wean completely.

you should have no problems pumping and bottle feeding during the time you're at work and then going back to nursing exclusively at night and weekends, and the summer
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote