Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Rocky Mountain Diapers?

Tell me about these diapers. I'm considering trying these but want to know both the pros AND cons first from mamas that have used them. I'd be getting these with the intent to reuse them on the next lo during the nb stage.

Do you get wingdroop?
Do they contain bf poo well?
Anything else you think I should know before ordering?

TIA & God Bless!

Advertisement

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 04-11-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rocky Mountain Diapers?

Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
halefire
Registered Users
seller

Don't know much about them really... I have two of the OS rocky mtn pockets that I got in a local trade... But the suede cloth on mine repels, so after figuring that out I haven't used em- just haven't gotten around to trying to fix the repelling.
Subbing for info :-)
halefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by halefire View Post
Don't know much about them really... I have two of the OS rocky mtn pockets that I got in a local trade... But the suede cloth on mine repels, so after figuring that out I haven't used em- just haven't gotten around to trying to fix the repelling.
Subbing for info :-)
Really? What colors/prints do you have and what condition? I don't mind repelling bc I use my pockets like covers, anyway. PM me if you'd be interested in a trade.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE RMDs! They were practically my entire stash from when my DS was 3 months to about 6/7 months old. I had to de-stash all of them because PUL gives him rashes (and it took me a while to figure it out ) but while we were using them they were great. My DS was a chunker for a while, in the 98th %ile for weight, but I was able to adjust the elastic on the RMDs so it didn't dig into his skin (unlike several other big name pockets we'd tried, BG 3.0 in particular being the worst offender for tight elastic).

Wing droop wasn't a problem, you could just snap the outermost front snap to the inner rear wing snap, then snap the rest in place. The front wasn't always smooth as a result, but I didn't think it looked much different from other diapers.

I would say they contain well if the elastic around the legs is snug. For EBF, I think natural fibers will contain better than synthetics, just due to the fact that natural fibers will absorb and synthetics will repel. However, you could always use the RMDs more like shells for a while, and pad-fold PFs.

They do get really tiny, so I expect them to be a decent fit on a nb.

The main con I can think of, but didn't deal with, is that they aren't a good choice for sharing between two differently sized kids. It takes a couple minutes to adjust each leg elastic, so if you need to adjust it all the time it's a hassle.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just read that you use pockets more like covers, so I think the RMDs would be great They are so adorable with the leg ruffles, the color combos are cute, and they have a decent rise.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

A good strip with rlr will fix the repelling. I think fuzzibunz leg elastic is more adjustable with the buttonholes for more options. We have mostly rmd here. They've been great! As a daycare dipe though I found most babysitters didn't put the wings on correctly so they'd leak. You have to snap the second snap to the sidesof the diaper first.they adjust super tiny and these were the only dipes that fit ds when we first started using pockets at 5 weeks old. They still fit him on the medium internal snap setting at 2 yrs old, and there's still one more snap left to go to, but we r pling. I hate microfiber so we sold off our mf and stuffed our rmd with flats and that worked great. I never used them as covers because they are on the small/trim side and wouldn't cover up most of the diapers we use covers for.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the help mamas! I actually consider the ruffley leg gatherings a con bc it looks girly on an older boy, but for the nb stage it's doable!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
crumpetmlp
Registered Users
seller

I don't think the leg gatherings are too ruffly or girly! Applecheeks are like that too and my boy rocks both of these.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can somebody measure the stride? I don't see it listed anywhere?