Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
grateful mama13
Registered Users

My Mood:
dip in supply

So I started mostly pumping due to a slow stubborn eater,stress,& the need to let someone else feed him to help out. The problem now is that the amount I yeild from one pumping session is less than the amount he's taking in at a feeding.. and he takes in alot! I've been taking fenugreek religiously and it really seemed to help earlier on.. well I ran out yesterday and just woke up this morning from a 6 hr stretch.. and my supply took a dip.. I got only half of what I normally do At this point, he will only nurse for so long before he gets frustrated,but it seems like its bc it's coming too fast for him instead of the other way around. How can I up my supply or at least get it to where my body is back in tune with his?

Advertisement

grateful mama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
kdc_star
Registered Users

Re: dip in supply

First of all, don't go 6 hours without pumping. You should be pumping at least every 3 hours, especially if you are worried about your supply. Lots of skin to skin, increase your fluid intake, try eating oatmeal daily and get back on the fenugreek.

How old is he?
kdc_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: dip in supply

My supply goes up and down all the time. I just started drinking Mother's Milk Tea (in addition to taking Reglan though I'm currently weaning off of it because you can't take it too long). The Mother's Milk Tea seems to be helping. You can also combine Fenugreek w/ Blessed Thistle. They say that the combination helps more than Fenugreek alone.
neuro_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you been checked for why he won't nurse? Seen an LC, or anyone? My first baby was like that. She would nurse an hr and fall asleep but then was hungry right away. But my dd2 is a champion nurser.

Also, pumping isn't always a good predictor of what he would be getting at the breast. It sounds like you might have an overactive letdown and that's getting him choked up, so to speak. With time that would cool itself down.

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote