Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Problems with my flats! HELP!

Okay I really want to love my flats but they are HUGE and way too bulky when I padfold. I have large diaper rite and large little lions - the LL are a bit smaller, maybe an inch on one side and half on the other. Anyways... Are there any flats out there that are not so square? I would really like to try a rectangular flat...

Ahhh... I just want to cut them to be 'perfect' but am not sure what length that would be. Maybe I should start a trading thread to trade out my flats for others

Advertisement

Last edited by CntryMama; 04-11-2012 at 09:40 PM.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
emp1217
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Problems with my flats! HELP!

What are you trying to use them in? How big is your baby?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Mom21
Registered Users
seller

Osocozy flats are a good size for trim pad folding and you can solve the t&t edge by folding those edges together first, then fold into a square as usual but offset the end about an inch before padfolding into thirds. Trim and no lumps! They're $9/6 on amazon with free shipping if you have prime. Swaddlebees don't have the edges but I found them to have a more open weave than diaper rites or Osocozies so less absorbent.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I was using them in my flips on the medium setting and now my BG4.0s. My daughter is almost 11 months and about 19.5 pounds! They are just so huge though on her butt - like there are a ton of layers since they are too big.

I do not want to do any fancy folds but was thinking that the older rectangular flats might be easier... I don't know...
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

How are you folding the padfold? I am assuming in half, in half again then in thirds?

Try folding it differently. In half, then in thirds the long way to create a long "snake". Then fold it over to the exact length you need, folding the excess length in front, back, or overlapping in the middle. Much trimmer and it bends better in the middle making it less bulky.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy
How are you folding the padfold? I am assuming in half, in half again then in thirds?

Try folding it differently. In half, then in thirds the long way to create a long "snake". Then fold it over to the exact length you need, folding the excess length in front, back, or overlapping in the middle. Much trimmer and it bends better in the middle making it less bulky.
This is how I fold mine to stuff my pockets with and when I use my grovias. I have to trifold and fan out the back when using pul though, dd is sensitive to pul touching her skin.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think the small DR flats make a much trimmer pocket stuffer. I tried doing the large ones, folded Maria's way (which is the best way IMO) and it was just a little too big and bulky for my liking, at least on my dd when she was that size.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

I was also going to suggest trying the size small flats. The large are too bulky on the medium setting.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

I have 2 dozen osocozy that I pad fold in bg 4.0 and they are nice. They are $19 for 12 w free shipping at cotton babies I think