Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #51
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
lol, speaking of the man, we don't allow the kids to watch spongebob, but he had checked out a season from the library the other day for himself to watch. i had it in one of my bags still today. the kids were around and he was trying to ask me where it was, without saying the word spongebob. so he asks me, "where is the movie with the underwater absorbant yellow thingy?" good wife that I am, I actually knew what he was talking about.
wife skill #341: understanding hubby code. check
lol but why don't men ever understand wifey code, well at least mine never knows what I am talking about

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #52
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Definitely. I can say 'there is so much to do today and that dang bathroom needs wiped down AGAIN'. Meaning: I'm busy, wipe down the bathroom! But nope. Doesn't get it.

So crawling apparently wasn't enough for Harper. She is now cruising the furniture like a maniac and wants to stand whenever possible. Before, when standing she wouldn't move her legs but now if I hold her hands she is walking! This is going too fast for me. I wanted to savor the baby moments and they're becoming so fleeting.

Well also home from our trip to Minnesota. Gosh it's beautiful there. If they didn't have such harsh winters AND tornados I could see myself living there. But I will not live one second more than I have to in tornado alley. Anyhow, it was amazingly beautiful. Went to the Mall of America too. The kids loved the Nickelodeon center. I'm so glad we made the trip (even though it was an all night, 10 hour drive up and four days later, back and Chris and I were literally exhausted). It was great to see his uncles an their kids and his grandparents. His grandpa is quickly declining from dimensia so it was great to see him. Here is a photo I took of him and Harper. It's the first time they met and could possibly be the only time.

Do anyone else's children have great-great grandparents living? My kids are fifth generation on both sides. They still have one living great great grandma. She is 99 and doesn't seem to be going any time soon.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #53
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My kiddos have on set of great grandparents left. My moms parents, they are both doing okay, but I swear my grandpa ages five years everytime we see him.

Ds2 is actually sharing a birthday party with him next saturday
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #54
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else on instgram? The android version just came out and I'm mildly obsessed, lol
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #55
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That's special. Im sure out kids don't realize the value of time with them now but I get choked up when I think about a time when their Nana and Papa aren't around. They are so close with them. ;(

I don't know what that is.... I need to go look now.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #56
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOVE all the Easter pics...so adorable!

Naomi, I've been having so much trouble getting rid of the baby things. I've been saving all the super cute clothes to make a quilt for Brynn too. One of my good friends just had her 5th baby on Monday. We've had two babies within a week of each other, and I don't know why but I am so jealous! I know we're done, but when I saw her squishy newborn it made me want another! Doesn't help that Brynn seems to be growing up a ton this week...she is crawling everywhere, started waving bye bye and shakes her head no at me when she doesn't want something. How the heck did she get so old so fast?

Brit, what an amazing picture! You will treasure it always! My girls have 2 great-grandparents left. One who is still living on his own and functioning well and another who lives in a nursing home.

Melissa, I just downloaded Instagram for my Android. Haven't gotten into it much yet, but I want to.

Here's a pic of Brynn from last week. Backstory, I bought this bunny suit from Baby Gap when I was pregnant with my first...practical right? Turns out no one has been able to wear it because it is incredibly warm and we live in FL. Well, not until now. It was 90 degrees and I stuffed her little baby booty in it just to get a quick picture to say SOMEONE wore it!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #57
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use Camera Awesome for editing but I don't know if I could keep up with photos everywhere. Does it let you upload from other areas? It seems a lot like fb too and I don't do fb.

Special that your DS will share a bday with his great gpa. I'm sure our kids don't realize the value of the time they have now but it chokes me up to think of the day we won't have their Nana and Papa in our lives.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #58
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Brit-great pic!!!!

My kiddos have 3 greatgrandparents left.

My mil mother past in December and now she is losing her father. She is out in Cali with all her siblings by his side atm. He is 94.

My kiddos now about there nana and gaga--my grandparents. They do not see them that much but I love how when they do see them the boys go right up to them and are just different around the. Like extra loving and gentle. Its cute.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #59
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kiddos have 2 sets of great grandparents on my hubby's side. They are in so Cal so we see them very little. But Casper and one of the Great Grandpa's share a birthday.

I love Instagram too! =)

Casper has started growling at me and tugging back and forth while nursing. Must be a boy thing, my girls never treated me like this! Crazy boy.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #60
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aww, sweet pic.
My last great-grandparent passed away about 4-5 months ago. I didn't know her at all (unfortunate circumstances with her and my grandma that kept them apart). Even though I didn't really know her, I had wanted to try and meet her and get a picture with her...there were 5 generations of girls alive(4 of which were firstborn) and nothing was ever made of it.

Anyway, had a bit of a bummer today. Went to a thrift store and realized I did not have my wallet with me, even though I had just had it at the resturant we were at previously. Went back to the resturant, thankfully it had been turned in...but all my money was missing. I usually don't have any cash (who does these days) but I had been saving up some cash from various things I've sold on craigslist so I'd have money for rummage sales. I think I had nearly $50 in there for the thrift store (it only takes cash). I'm glad my cards were safe, but still, I'm really ticked. I was so upset, I went to walmart to tell wayne about it. He ended up stopping at the resturant to talk to the manager and see if anyone knew who had turned it in and see if it was an employee or something.
I don't know, it just bugs me. I mean, what makes people think they can just take other's money? There is this whole strange mentality that" it is only wrong if you are caught." like if somehow no one else knows, then it is not wrong. makes me mad. but that is another topic for another time.

other than that...my mom is coming up tomorrow, staying overnight and watching the kids on saturday while I got to a ladies get away thing for the day. Should be really nice. arg! I just remembered, they usually have a really cool sale area there with international items. it would have been nice to get something...grr, whoever has my money better be doing something smart with it...like saving babies in third world countries!!! cuz, yeah, that's exactly what I was going to do with it sheesh, ok, last time I mention that. anywho.
might try and stay up and price stuff for the rummage sale. every time I get at it, the kids are all over the stuff "ooh, what's this, is this mine? no that's too small, is it kezias? can i play with that? can i write the numbers? can i put the stickers all over the wall and drive you crazy mom??????" yup, they are great helpers.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote