Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #81
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly Chat: April 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkaskaggs View Post
Ohhhh...have fun @ the coast!
AFM-I want to personally that every one of u who posted to christina's 'nb stash' thread for the diaper bill I racked up today!

I couldn't believe that so many of u had complete stashs and here I was...hadn't bought a single dipe. Well not after today. I just spent $150 and got soooo much! I have it written down at the house...I'll post it later.

Tonight DH and I are heading out for dinner and a movie...how sad that my 1st thought was: "let's stay home and use that $$$ to buy MORE diapers"

Its a sickness I tell you!
hehe... if this was facebook, I would "like" that post :-) I have been trying to stay away from the FSOT because I just cannot help myself... OYE! I have been looking for a few cute boy covers. I have lots of diapers, but they are gender neutral or have boring covers OYE! Like I ever cared when we were using disposables.

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #82
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady View Post
i took the survey too

i bought a red skip hop diaper bag at our JBF sale yesterday for $5! And a cute NEW maternity dress for a wedding in June in Phoenix! :P I also got a second ERGO, an Infantino Mei Tei style wrap ($12), and a Moby ($8). I figure I have each type of baby wearer to try now.... lol.... If you count my Kanga from Kenya as a woven.....
Are you really going to use all these? Or should i be stalking the FSOT after your LO comes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by challmeyeralways View Post
Survey done... that was easy and didn't even take any personal info.. Woohoo.

I bought a thing called a halftee and I am finding that I need another one. I use it with SOO many tops and dresses. http://www.halftee.com/ I bought the tank one in white and LOVE it! I cannot get over how many of my maternity shirts and dresses are really showy! I have been loving my maxi dresses. I have two or three and really like the comfort and freedom they provide, but they usually have a very immodest top, so the halftee works wonderfully!

What!! Headaches again?? Not good! I will be praying :-) Let me know if you cannot watch the kids tonight. We will figure something out if we need to. So I really want to see the Skip Hop bag. I am not usually a name brand girl, but that bag at the last sale was SOOO cute!

AFM- If any of you care to take a min and pray that my hunny and I would be making wise decisions in training our kiddos, We could use them. Kind of alot going on in the training and disciplining departments right now. Also, our son is having a weird allergic reaction to some bug bite that he got last week... We are trying to get it under control, but he is so uncomfortable. His whole face and parts of his neck and behind his ears are SOOO swollen and raw. Poor baby! The doc does not know what it is, but gave him a shot of pregnazone to try to manage the swelling for now.

We are going to the coast tomorrow after his follow up appt. Should be a fun weekend. :-) We are looking forward to lots of unplugged time... board games, card games, cooking, walks... just time :-) It seems like we run so short on that at home. OYE!
Ditto on the survey.

Thanks for the halftee link! Ok, now the wierd question- is it tight fitting so that it 'squishes' the ladies? I kinda like mine now, and don't want the sports bra squish

Totally understand on the disciple issue. My DS is a challenge, even my mother agrees. He can be so sweet- especially when DD is gone- but very stong minded and willed, and a quick temper. DH remebers his Dad's spankings and occasional belt and sometimes thinks that a 'good hard spanking' is the answer...but he waits to give it until he's upset..and it's just a chain reaction, and never works, but he doesn't always see that. I'd like to be on the same page and consistent for DS, b/c he needs consistency, but not quite like that. Trying to work with him so he has better behaviors and doesn't act up when DH is around. It's about all I can take some days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkaskaggs View Post

Its a sickness I tell you!
Yep, DH is pretty sure there is some form of woman **** on DS and doesn't understand my diaper facination.

ETA: I see they edited my post...no harm meant :-)

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz

Last edited by NorwexMa; 04-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #83
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was wondering the same thing about the squish factor on the halfsies.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #84
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took the survey!

I like the look of the halftee! May have to get one!

I had more I wanted to say, but I'm too tired

Oh, am I the only one NOT cloth diapering? I did with my first 3. Now I can barely keep up with laundry as it is

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #85
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
I took the survey!

I like the look of the halftee! May have to get one!

I had more I wanted to say, but I'm too tired

Oh, am I the only one NOT cloth diapering? I did with my first 3. Now I can barely keep up with laundry as it is
I am planning on using newborn sposies until I'm on my feet good.

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #86
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

I'm not using cloth on my 19 mo. old right now and will probably only use cloth part time (after the newborn size) for baby girl coming. Mostly when we are home and I can keep up on laundry. I figure it saves a bit, even if not as much as we would have...
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #87
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm tempted to buy newborn fluff. It's all so cute and its fun getting fluffy mail, i just know realistically I probably won't use them.

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #88
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Im not cding dd bc shes pl and only wears dipes when sleeping so thats like a load of 4 dipes at a time!
I will cd Her if shes still peeing when sleeping when Isaiah is born since ill already be washing his.

Ty all who did the survey!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #89
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've gotta be honest. The forum monitoring still creeps me out. It makes me feel less secure in speaking frankly. Now I get why my cousin's DDC has a private group on FB where they do most of their chatting and picture posting. I know big brother is everywhere, but still!

I just dropped my mom off at the airport. It was fun to have her here for a few days, but it was also really stressful. We're both similar and stubborn so we get along much better when we're not sharing a house! We got a lot of projects done around the house though which is nice because I've been lacking the motivation to do them.

I also had my 20 week MW appointment yesterday. DH ran out of gas (apparently his gas light has burned out!) so he missed the appt :-/ They said baby looks great, fluid was well within range and baby was measuring at 19.5 weeks at my US (when I was 19.5) so baby is just the right size. They say I just carry my baby way out front! They also confirmed my guess that my placenta is anterior (front) which is why I don't feel any fluttering. She actually said the front of my belly is a "dead zone" for movement and dopplers. I have started feeling a bit lately though along with rolls that make me nauseous momentarily.

In other news I heard back about my insurance and MW costs after the adjustments. Here's the breakdown;
-We pay $3900 annually for insurance
-MW costs before insurance (prenatal, birth, supplies and postpartum) is $4050
-Insurance (in-network btw!) is covering $980
-We have 8 weeks to come up with the $3110.
Eek. I get that insurance is for catastrophes, but jeez. What a ripoff! How is that worth it?! Prayers for this money to magically appear would be much appreciated!!

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #90
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Allie glad to hear about the positive us!!

And ty all again who
Completed the survey. I have closed it bc I have enough respondents (the more i have the more work for me! Lol).