Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Need help

My 2 boys are in radians which I thought were sunshine kids. Are they still sunshine kids?

My dd is 8 months old and almost out of her infant seat. I need a carseat for rearfacing obviously but it will go in the middle of my jeep grand cherokee.

What carseat should I get? Should I stick with Radian? They looked the same but a little different then when I bought my boys seats about 2 yrs ago.

Any advice and tips is greatly appreciated

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need help

They are now Diono, basically the same seats though. They added a booster mode (whhich isn't good) and changed names.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
They are now Diono, basically the same seats though. They added a booster mode (whhich isn't good) and changed names.
Does the booster cause issues with the carseat function or is the booster part not good?

Is it worth getting one or should I look at other carseats? She would be rearfacing inbetween to radians. I am however concerned with the length hitting up against the seats in my jeep.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
solarbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It just doesn't make a great booster. It doesn't position the belts well and you can't start using as a booster until the child is 50lbs which could be a LONG time for some kids.

Can you try rear facing one of you other radians to see how it fits? Just make sure that a rear facing radian is an option. They also came out with an angle adjuster which helps radians sit more upright when rear facing, making them fit much better in lots of vehicles.

IF it fits and you like them well enough then I say go ahead with a radian for the baby. But what if you passed down one of the boys seats to her? Then get that boy a new seat....the evenflo meastro harnesses to 50 lbs and is a good, cheap seat. There are also the evenflo secure kid 300 and 400 seats...they harness to 65lbs and I think start around $130. The headrests on the SK seats adjust up and make it actually work as a high back booster after the harness is outgrown. The meastro headrest does not move and the seat is outgrown at the same time as the harness because of this. Or the graco nautilus which is a nice seat, but I think it is wider so you may have troubles with it.

Just a thought.

If you want to keep the boys in their seats and get her a new seat, get a radian if you like it and it rear faces well in your car. Graco myride is supposed to be a great convertible to match with radians because it sits up high, so it kinda overlaps the radians. I know this is the case when they are all facing the same direction but not sure if it applies with radians ffing and the myride rfing. I bet it would still work though.

Last edited by solarbabies; 04-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for all the help. I wonder if the angle adjuster works for the older radians?

I will try to do some manuevering to see what would be the best fit
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
solarbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep, it works with all radians $10 on amazon.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great to know!

Thanks!