Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #141
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Babies 4/9-4/15

Had a good mw appointment today. Blood pressure was super low as always, baby is head down and super low. Uncomfortable, but what's new, lol. Just a couple more days until I'm clear for home birth!

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #142
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Yay for a good appointment! Wow, can't believe some of you are so close! I'm due the very last day of May (though hoping and expecting to have her a week or two early) and I have 4 weeks til I'm clear to deliver at the birth center. I am so ready for these 4 weeks to be over with so I don't have to be nervous anymore!

I had a tiring day. Dd was whiny all day. Dh has been sick and I'm afraid she's getting it. Which would be such a bummer because dh has 5 days of vacation starting tomorrow and we were planning to do all kinds of fun things with dd that we'd like to do before baby comes. Hopefully she doesn't end up getting sick!
I've been super uncomfortable all day. Nothing labor related. Stomach ache, heartburn and sore upper back. Between that and dd being fussy I'm exhausted! Also, my mom and sister (13) and brother (8) came over today. My brother stresses me out so much when he's here. He's super needy, jealous of dd, and so wild in our house. The whole time I was thinking there's no way he can be here when Mom comes to help after baby is born. But that is another conversation for another day. My mom is so protective over him I dread telling her that he'll be too much for me to handle after just having a baby. Having kids while your parents are still raising kids is definitely a different dynamic, and one that so far I'm not crazy about.
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #143
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

My skin on my stomach feels so tight some times too. It is almost like it is super tight and painful for a few days, gets used to the size, then my uterus grows more and the skin feels super tight again. Over and over. Today it isn't feeling too tight, but over Easter it just hurt so bad!

Tina - Yay for your DH saying he will help out! Mine has always been super helpful at night, so I don't know how mamas do it with no help. I would snap and go crazy! Even now, any night waking is on DH. He will jump up and go to the kids in the middle of the night. I just don't have the energy. When the new baby gets here, I'm sure we will fall back into our previous new baby routine. Baby wakes, DH gets up and brings baby to me. I nurse while DH sleeps then I hand baby over to DH who changes her diaper, he gives her back to me. I nurse baby on other side then hand baby back to DH who puts her back in bed. All I have to do is nurse. DH falls asleep super easy, so he doesn't really lose much sleep with this arrangement. I'm just so happy he is willing to do it even though he wakes up at 4:30am to get ready for work!

Nicole - Yay for a good appointment!

Alicia - Hope your DD doesn't get sick!
I would imagine having siblings as young as yours, it does make for a different family dynamic. I've known a few families that are in your same situation. I am one of 6, but my youngest sibling is graduating high school this year, so much older. Does it seem like your mom doesn't get to be grandma as much since she still has young kids at home?

Forgot to add, at my appointment yesterday, my OB said she thinks this baby is going to be small and doesn't think I'm going to tear this time. Last time she said she though I would tear and I did, so I'm hoping she is right this time too! LOL! My last baby was 9lbs, 1oz, so he was pretty big! I'm so hoping for a little baby this time that actually seems like a newborn! My DS was so big and strong that he never seemed like a newbie. It was more like a gave birth to a 3 month old! He also grew so fast, that by 3-4 months, he was already 20 lbs!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #144
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
My skin on my stomach feels so tight some times too. It is almost like it is super tight and painful for a few days, gets used to the size, then my uterus grows more and the skin feels super tight again. Over and over. Today it isn't feeling too tight, but over Easter it just hurt so bad!

Tina - Yay for your DH saying he will help out! Mine has always been super helpful at night, so I don't know how mamas do it with no help. I would snap and go crazy! Even now, any night waking is on DH. He will jump up and go to the kids in the middle of the night. I just don't have the energy. When the new baby gets here, I'm sure we will fall back into our previous new baby routine. Baby wakes, DH gets up and brings baby to me. I nurse while DH sleeps then I hand baby over to DH who changes her diaper, he gives her back to me. I nurse baby on other side then hand baby back to DH who puts her back in bed. All I have to do is nurse. DH falls asleep super easy, so he doesn't really lose much sleep with this arrangement. I'm just so happy he is willing to do it even though he wakes up at 4:30am to get ready for work!

Nicole - Yay for a good appointment!

Alicia - Hope your DD doesn't get sick!
I would imagine having siblings as young as yours, it does make for a different family dynamic. I've known a few families that are in your same situation. I am one of 6, but my youngest sibling is graduating high school this year, so much older. Does it seem like your mom doesn't get to be grandma as much since she still has young kids at home?

Forgot to add, at my appointment yesterday, my OB said she thinks this baby is going to be small and doesn't think I'm going to tear this time. Last time she said she though I would tear and I did, so I'm hoping she is right this time too! LOL! My last baby was 9lbs, 1oz, so he was pretty big! I'm so hoping for a little baby this time that actually seems like a newborn! My DS was so big and strong that he never seemed like a newbie. It was more like a gave birth to a 3 month old! He also grew so fast, that by 3-4 months, he was already 20 lbs!
Icouldnt imagine a 20 lb 4 month old. My ydd is 13 months and just barely weighs 21 lbs.
Tricia~29 Married for 11 years to Chad~34. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~10, Ethan~8, Jacob~6, Annika~3, Makenna~2, Niko James~1, and blessing #7 due 3/23/14
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #145
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasundance View Post
Icouldnt imagine a 20 lb 4 month old. My ydd is 13 months and just barely weighs 21 lbs.
Yeah, I grow 'em big And both my DH and I are small people, so it is kinda funny to see us with such big babies! And they aren't just chubby but tall too! At my DS's 4 month appointment the nurse even asked if I had my dates right. She said he was the size of a 6-9 month old and he was sitting up by himself. But, uh, yeah, like I don't know old my baby is
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #146
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok I know this is probably silly and you would think Id be over it by now but I really really dread after you have a baby and the nurses come in at all hours and take temp, blood pressure, hand out meds, and check your bottom area. They always say oh you should be sleeping or if you are they wake you up. I just want to be left alone after delivery. Do they really have to look down my pants every 2 hours? Ugh. I so wish I could have a home birth.
Tricia~29 Married for 11 years to Chad~34. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~10, Ethan~8, Jacob~6, Annika~3, Makenna~2, Niko James~1, and blessing #7 due 3/23/14
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #147
janay0865
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alicia-I'm sure that has to be hard with your brother. My mom spends a lot of time with my sister's children providing them childcare. Sometimes I feel like they get priority b/c my sister has no other option due to finances. I hope you are able to work something out!

Mejustme-I couldn't imagine a 20lb 4 month old either! DD1 was 20lbs but not until 6 months. I bet the nurses were shocked! DD2 was 8.13 at birth and was pretty easy to push out. FX this one isn't that much bigger!

Tricia-Can you request that they only come in if medically necessary? I just can't imagine why they would have to check you like that so often?

I had a great evening last night. I met with a great friend of mine who is going to act as my doula. She is going through the training now and is so knowledgeable. She had her last baby (who was 10lbs) at home by candlelight (the power had gone out during a storm). She is amazing! We had pedicures and then went to Panera. I was able to get my birth plan mostly written and some questions for my dr. for Monday's appnt. I can't believe how close this baby is to reality!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:42 AM   #148
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Janelle- its to make sure you aren't hemmoraghing since a few people would and just pass out and apear to be sleeping while bleeding to death. You can always say no, you've check yourself and are ok.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:13 AM   #149
kathygriffin86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tricia i just love it when they push all over your stomach. that hurts just as much as labor imo.
kathygriffin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #150
kathygriffin86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NOT looking forward to today and tomorrow. Dh has been training every evening for this mma fight. The fight is saturday, his first fight in a year. Last May he was in one and the won but he hurt his neck. almost 8 months of him laying around with ice and heat and not being able to do anything! Im really enjoying having his super active self back. Anyway he has to train today bc although i think its not healthy he has to loose 4lbs today before weigh in tonight. no eating and doing cardio with his trainer all day. the biggest problem is this fight is 1.5 hours away so he has to drive that tonight to weigh in then he can finally eat. He trains tomorrow and drives down again. I usually go with him but he has to be super early for more training and just being there for the meeting and stuff. Ive been feeling like crap so the idea of driving and sitting in those hard folding chairs in a bar that still allows smoking just doesnt sound appeling. I just really hope the kids behave for me today and tomorrow...and that bh stay away so i can move.

sorry that was long and rambelish just really not looking forward to this.
kathygriffin86 is offline   Reply With Quote