Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
JLea
Registered Users
seller

I have a problem...

I keep buying newborn fluff! AND I'm not even pregnant! Help me! We are TTC, but no bean yet. So...how do you keep your adorable fluff in great shape between kids or say for approximately 9 months? I have all of our old prefolds put up for the next baby, but am wondering if there is a best way to put up diapers with PUL or elastic?
Anyone else collecting unnecessary diapers? I just can't seem to stop myself if I think it is a great deal. I want more options than just prefolds for the next baby, so I just keep snagging things!

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
lavender dragonfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have a problem...

I don't call that a problem..... it's called "being prepared"

We keep our woolies in a cedar chest and our diapers are in a plastic bin. We wash our fitteds a couple times a year to keep the elastic from getting dried out.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly View Post

We keep our woolies in a cedar chest and our diapers are in a plastic bin. We wash our fitteds a couple times a year to keep the elastic from getting dried out.
Not to hijack, but I have a ttc stash that is starting to get a bit old and I have been worried about the elastic, does just washing them keep it good? What about dips with PUL?

I was the same way when we started to ttc, I bought a lot of stuff, I really like to plan ahead though
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
hollybabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

honestly, I was thinking of this too, because I have a little one who is growing and want to save stuff for the next baby, so what do you think about space bags? It is supposed to keep stuff dry, bug free, moisture free, etc. And you can fit a ton and store anywhere.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure how long things will be good for but I've kept things for 2 years stored away in bins in our basement and they were just fine. We plan to ttc this fall but I'm not going to start buying unless there is a gender neutral something that I cannot live without. Colt has a pretty good wool stash and I bought a bunch of stuff thinking he was a girl (wishful thinking ) so I've still got a lot of that. I see nothing wrong with buying ahead!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly View Post

This.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
JLea
Registered Users
seller

Haha, well good to know I'm not alone. I'll wash them periodically then. I've just heard of folks taking out diapers from storage and the elastic being crunchy and shot...scares me. Lol. I didn't do wool in the beginning with DS either, so I'd love to start aquiring some woolies for an itty bitty!